PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
1st off I probable didn't spell it right , but does anyone have any experience with these churchwardens. 40 $ at p&c or should I go with the Peterson or savinlli.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
@scrooge

I noticed that you always seem to place the date of your post in the title which isn't at all necessary and serves no purpose. The only time the date is required in the thread title is on the Pipe & Accessories Sell/Trade and the Tobacco Sell/Swap/Search forums.. :wink:
As for churchwardens I've only had one which was a Peterson. It was poorly made as the stem did not fit flush with the shank and I quickly sold it.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Thanks for the tip on the date I got in trouble with the mods for not putting a date. plus others things . as for the Peterson I'm favoring it over the savs, just want to make sure I get a big bowled one.. I think the 601 thks again

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Thanks for the tip on the date I got in trouble with the mods for not putting a date. plus others things
I think that the mods were probably referring to Rule 9, and not using a date in your post(s) as that would not make any sense. Other than that, good luck with the Peterson as I'd personally, and always would go with a Savinelli any time over a Peterson. But, that's just my opinion which really doesn't mean squat.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
It means a lot to me, thks . I miss read your post I thaught you liked Peterson i'll look more into the sav, just found a nording but can't get sold out everywhere thks again

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
I like Petes, and Savs and a lot of others. The QC with Pete can make people frustrated. If you are buying new and from a reputable dealer do not worry about it if you see a Pete you like more than a Sav. Smoking Pipes, P&C and I am sure others will let you return a pipe that was not smoked if there are issues. I know SP and P&C will but double check with other dealers. I recently recd. a Pete where the decorative band was a little off with a gap. It was returned with no issues. Peterson does a lot of silver work and that is primarily the type of pipes I get from them. If you are not looking for a pipe with silver work then there are a lot of other brands to pic from.
Dont forget estates either. Smoking pipes does a REALLY good job on their estates with pretty fair prices on em. James Island Piper will be cheaper but he does no clean up or restoration and I have recd. pipes that got by him with issues because of that. Returns are not an issue with JIP though.

Status
Not open for further replies.