PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I've had no luck finding anything locally so tonight I made my first pipe related eBay purchase: a lot of 4 pipe tools! They were $8 and one was about $5 so I'll be set for a couple of extras I reckon. But knowing me, I'll need at least one or two spares. LOL

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
What kind you get? Just the norm czech tool or type, or something special? Good deal on the lot though regadless.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I'm mobile tonight so I can't get pics uploaded. But I plan to share a photo of what I've been using for a tool tomorrow; you'll all get a chuckle.
It's just the normal Czech tool.
I also ventured my first two bids on estate pipes. Let's just say I'm still gonna be smoking my Graybow for a bit longer, if you're wondering how those auctions went. ;-)

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
Nothing wrong with grabows, no matter what some say! I have several, and like them all. (except the omega, and that just cuz the mouthpiece...) unless you just dont like them personally...

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
OK, as promised, here is a photo of my pipe tool (and my pipe):

(I hope this comes through and is there an easier way?)

Yes, that's a lag bolt; it was a defective one in my grandson's swingset kit, no threads. :lol:
@pipedreams101 The Graybow is okay but I didn't have too much ti chose from when I got it; straight rusticated (think that is the right term) is all they had. I'd like a smooth, bent if I'd had a choice.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Okay, I can't get this to work, and I can't see the image @baronsamedi posted :(
Maybe a direct link to Flikr http://www.flickr.com/photos/32793106@N04/7679267026/

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thank you my friend. I'm gonna have to learn about this forum business; I know a fair amount about computer "stuff" buy nada about forums and such.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
except the omega, and that just cuz the mouthpiece...
Nothing a dremel and a heat-gun can't fix my friend! Simply zip off the goofy wannabe P-Lip and sand for comfort. I like to add a bit more bend to the stem too, I simply run a pipe-cleaner down the stem and gently heat; bending by hand until I am happy with the curvature.

As a bonus, you end up with a occular bit; while many extol the virtues of the 'v-cut', I like the concentrated stream, especially when smoking Virginias.

Status
Not open for further replies.