B-day Tobacco Suggestion?

(17 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Jeffrey Deal
  • Latest reply from Jeffrey Deal
  1. cynicismandsugar

Jeffrey Deal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So, today I'm officially old enough to do all the things I could do yesterday; but the wife still goes out of her way to make me indulge (even more than usual) and enjoy myself. As I blew the dust off the last bit of my STONEHAVEN, Juli Ann surprised me with another tin! Say what you will, but my gal definately pays attention.

After my morning pipe, my better half is encouraging another. I don't have the heart to open the new tin yet, so I have to find an acceptable substitution.

So, we're sitting down about to watch Blood Simple. I have my glass of cold brew ready, and some Balvenie 15 year-old on standby (for after dinner)... I need a suggestion on a tobacco to celebrate another year closer to the grave. I assume that with several suggestions, I must have something sitting in my cellar that matches.

Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. simong

simong

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Treat yourself to a nice cigar Jeffrey, it's your birthday! I usually try for a partagas or a Romeo y julieta on mine, or Christmas or when I can afford one, any excuse really to have one.
    Many happy returns of the day to you anyway.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. cynicismandsugar

Jeffrey Deal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thank you, SimonG! I do have some of those sittin' in my humidor, along with a couple of Cohibas... maybe today is the day! Or, at least, a lil' later in the week when the kiddos are back in school.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. simong

simong

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Put the kids to bed early & light your cigar Jeffrey! Balvennie on the side, lovely stuff. It's your birthday after all mate!

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. cynicismandsugar

Jeffrey Deal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very true!

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think the ol' boy is on to something, enjoy a cigar

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, I'm currently head over heals for McConnell's Latakia Flake so that's what I suggest. It's a damn good smoke, I only wish they would have named it something more appropriate.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. scrooge

scrooge

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree, go with the stoogie. HBDay!

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. ophiuchus

ophiuchus

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If Mrs. Deal is as supportive of your cigar smoking as she is of your pipe hobby, I have to go with the other gentleman here. Cigar!

Then have bowl of the B-Day present.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. derfargin

derfargin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would have said have a bowl of Gaslight, but ok.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. didimauw

didimauw

Mod

Login to Send PM

Man, my wife is totally accepting of my pipe smoking, but always complains about how long it takes...and ur other half wants you to smoke more??? Very cool!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. cynicismandsugar

Jeffrey Deal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thank you, good sirs! The stogie won out (Cohiba Black)! ... followed by a bowl of my present (again). Between the coffee and tobacco, I was up until the wee hours of the morning (researching Castello history).

Thank you to everyone; I hope the rest of your year(s) are as satisfying as my day was!

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

well played

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think the cigar, and then after a respectful pause to clear the palate, maybe a bowl of your favorite leaf, whatever you have open, or would like to open, for the occasion. Think of it as happiness that will extend your life, and put off your peaceful rest.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. krizzose

krizzose

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's your birthday, so celebrate. Have a bowl of some of your oldest Christmas Cheer with your Scotch. Then have that cigar. If it were me, I'd go for a Fuente Hemingway Signature. I think good red va pipe tobacco and Cameroon wrapped cigars are in the same wheelhouse: rich and flavorful without being overbearing. Or whatever varieties float your boat, but definitely both

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpond

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Imo, whatever it takes to put your wife into an amorous mode. If that's molto dolce, take one for the team.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. cynicismandsugar

Jeffrey Deal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Imo, whatever it takes to put your wife into an amorous mode. If that's molto dolce, take one for the team.

She's the kinda gal that loves the smell of Hearth & Home's Cerberus. Tonight she insisted on the house smelling like Haunted Bookshop, before the weekend was over.

I need to loan her out to other pipe smokers.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ben88, newportpipe, danimalia, agnosticpipe, docrameous, cowboythunder, jiminks, armonts