PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckshot

Lurker
Jul 19, 2013
Hello All,
I am taking a trip and will be in Williamsburg, Va. for a week. Does anyone have any suggestions for local B & M stores that I can visit. I appreciate any suggestions from all.
Thanks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know the area well enough to know about pipe/tobacco retailer, but it's worth mentioning, when

I went there for the first time in the 1980's, Colonial Williamsburg had both clay pipes and a custom

tobacco blend available in their shops. It may all be gone now, but it was quite an item at the time.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
Ive been going there ever sense I was young. We went last year and me and my girlfrien searched for one but didnt find a thing. Nothing in the shops at all. The only tabacco we saw was the few plants they were growing at Jamestown. I did find seeds for growing tobacco at the Flower shop tent Colonial Garden & Nursery on Duke of GLOUCESTER Street. As for B&M places I couldnt find a one. I saw some smoker choice places but they are full of junk mostly for people who roll there own cigs. You would figure with the history of VA tabacco you would find something there, that area is one of the biggest tourist spots in the state. When you go you should check out the ferry that is by Jamestown its free and it takes you acrost the river into Surry VA. its a nice 15 min ride with nice views of Jamestown settlement. you drive onto the boat and can jump out of your car and look over the side of the boat or be king of the world like Leo D. Edwards Ham Smokehouses are out there and they do tours of the smoking process. There are a few plantations out there you can tour as well, and lots of peanut farms. And like I said its free

Status
Not open for further replies.