PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
After hosting a Formula One racing date a month ago, Baku will host the final of the Europa league football tournament. Another chance to see this fine city, home of Javan, one of our moderators.
(Two English football clubs will duke it out. If you're a soccer fan, you know who they are. If not, tune in to see shots of the city and perhaps country side.)
Enjoy! TNT, 3 PM EDT.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Sorry to say that, but I am not a football fan either. My BIL and his son went to see the game, last thing I heard from my wife was the kid crying because his team was losing. You won't see me but you may see a big blue eyed crying kid on TV :nana:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Very disappointed in the lack of highlighting the city. I missed the pre-game stuff, and did not see anything of Baku in the broadcast. But the team I favored won. Whoopee. Sorry your nephew is an Arsenal fan....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A teachable moment missed. I guess the ads take the time that might be used for local color and educating the public a little. We can get to places in hours that we used to not know existed. Possibly most of the people in Baku don't know North Carolina either.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is this the football (soccer) game won tonight by Liverpool? I saw a bit of it while waiting for take-out, no clue of it being from Azerbaijan.

Status
Not open for further replies.