PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I began a thread ranting and raving about this "luxury" flake. Upon further smoking and reflection, what I meant to say was that this blend has remained under the radar for good reason. It's a subpar tobacco which should be avoided. There are FAR better tobaccos out there for your dollar... none come immediately to mind, but I'm certain others will post whatever they might be. What a complete waste waste of money and fire. It's garbage. Move on, there's nothing to see here.
There... I said it. Please don't harm my loved ones. :)

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Captain Black stomps all over ALF. Everyone knows this. Why are you wasting your mortgage money on that crap?
PS Congrats on the new place

PPS Never underestimate an agents ability to fk things up.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Actually, I kind of agree. It has great flavor but its not a satisfying smoke to me. Granted, I normally smoke stuff like St. James Flake, Stonehaven, Peterson 3P's and the such but the Luxury Flake is just to "light" for me. For those of you who like and enjoy it, more power to you. :)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Bigpond, thanks so much! Yeah the whole agent thing is a racket which will, In time, suck that middleman position up like a Dyson as it has in most businesses. With fill in the blank contracts and for sale by owner, the days of agents, I believe, is coming to an end.
Michael, under any other circumstances I'd question you further, but here, your tastes work to my advantage ;)

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
but the Luxury Flake is just to "light" for me. For those of you who like and enjoy it, more power to you. :)
+1

Its good, I bought 5 tins last year on the hype...........still have 4 1/2 tins............ :roll:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Yeah, I added that to my "It Sux" list. It's in good company with Penzance, Stonehaven, Magnum Opus, Anniversary Kake and EMP. When you see them, just...look the other way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Hmm. I haven't dipped into the 5 tins I purchased last year, but upon learning that this stuff isn't worth the hype I'm willing to trade all five for a 16 ounce bag of Kentucky Gold Mint. Now that my friends is some GOOD stuff. Well worth hoarding wholesale! Forget about Aylesbury, Germain, Esoterica and other impossible to find blends. The next great thing is Kentucky Gold Mint folks. Get it before its too late!

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Wow, man. Thanks for the warning. You've really saved me from . . . . .
Hey.
Wait a second. . . .

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I truly do find it a bit overhyped, but I've only tried it once. I have enough to smoke 1 or 2 more bowls....so maybe I haven't hit the sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.