PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
So while at Tinderbox, I picked up a tin of Frog Morton's Cellar this evening. I am hooked.
So that is Squadron Leader, 20th Anniv. Mix, Commonwealth, M.D. Mix, and In-Between in the past 7 days.
My two tins of Commonwealth should be here in the next couple days.
Jason

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Frog Morton's Cellar has gotten better after the tobacco dried a little. Smoked it at lunch in my Petersons Bent Apple.
Jason

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I've been smoking this quite a bit lately. It's a fun smoke. It pairs really well with nice bourbon. I feel myself moving towards stuff with latakia in it. Smokes good in the crisp cold weather.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
[quoteSmokes good in the crisp cold weather.[/quote]
Maybe thats why im starting to like latakia blends so much...

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Ja... I should be in bed, but I think a small bowl in my Meerschaum churchwarden is in order for a nightcap..
(and some OYO Whiskey from a local distillery)
Gute Nacht meine Pfeife rauchen Brüder...
Jason

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Frog Morton's Cellar is a GREAT tobacco! IMO, it's the best of the Frog line although I like FMOTT, too. I'm going to have to get me some good bourbon to drink with a bowl. I'm normally a beer drinker with an occasional shot of Jack Daniels or Crown Royal. Any ideas out there on a good bourbon to try with it?

Smokey

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I like Knob Creek. It's just Jim Beam, but has been in the barrel for nine years instead of the normal two. Goes

down real nice!
undermidnight, you mentioned the Tinderbox.... In the late sixty's and seventies every mall in the states had

one, but I thought they had closed their doors....

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Steve:
Nope, they are still around. I think we have two locations here in Columbus, Ohio. They had a nice selection of pipes (especially Meerschaums), tins, and their house blends.
Jason

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Basil Hayden would be my favorite bourbon. I have been planning on trying Frog Morton Cellar. I'll have pick some up with my next TAD order.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Jason,
Which Tinderbox did you get the Frog Morton? Was it the one up in Karric Square? I was just up there two weekends ago and picked up a tin of McCelland Stave Aged. Mike Spicer is excellent and very knowledgeable.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Any ideas out there on a good bourbon to try with it?
My favorite is Sam Houston, but it can be tough to track down. There's a subtle sweetness to it (which may not be your cup of tea) that I find really appealing.
Bob

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
rmbittner... try http://www.internetwines.com/ they haven't failed me yet.
http://www.internetwines.com/rws24694.html

They are out right now, but will Email you when available.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Which Tinderbox did you get the Frog Morton? Was it the one up in Karric Square? I was just up there two weekends ago and picked up a tin of McCelland Stave Aged. Mike Spicer is excellent and very knowledgeable.
Yup that's the one! Mike was the one who sold me my first pipe back in 1997 (and an ounce of "Wilshire"). In fact, he was the one who recommended the FM Cellar to me.
Don't know how many tins they have left though.
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.