PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Mike Rowe is the guy that did the Dirty Jobs shows on cable. He's a great dude, a big champion of blue collar workers that show up early and leave late, and funds efforts to send folks to trade schools, because all work is honorable.
He was called to testify before congress about the nationwide skills gap. A representative asked when they could expect to see a Dirty Jobs episode about a member of congress. Rowe said he'd never do a show about it.
“With respect, some jobs are just too hideous to contemplate,” he said.
Awesome. Let's not get on a rant about politicians and get in trouble.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
What Ever! Celebs testifying before some committee is a photo op and autograph session and not about policy. Rowe probably took a limo a $100 lunch in a restaurant with a dress code with some congressmen before he flew out in a private jet to his next appearance. 8O

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've watched Mike for years! I've always enjoyed Dirty Jobs, as well as the many other shows he's hosted for History.

I've always thought he was a stand-up, straight forward kinda guy, and that right there just proves it!

He's also a trained opera singer, for those who didn't know, and a pretty damn good one at that!

And he's a Ford guy!
Way to go Mike Rowe!

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Usually celebrities appear before a congressional committee for no other reason than they played an afflicted minority in a movie and are therefore an expert in the trials and tribulations of whatever cause they are championing.
Mike Rowe is a little different in my estimation. He's actually traveled the country talking to business owners and spending time on the line with workers who do jobs most of us can relate to. I don't detect any phoniness or self promotion in him. I don't think he's insincere, but I'm not the best judge of character.....

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Congress asked that wacko bird that does the fake news on Saturday Night Live to testify, the dope is a failed comedian, and he was testifying to stuff he only had opinions on.
Meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.