Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacconists - B&M's and Internet Retailers

Tags:  No tags yet. 

awesome service

(29 posts)
  1. seanz

seanz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A few months ago i had a shipment stopped by customs from pipesandcigars. As i couldnt afford to pay the duty i told them to send it back, and then informed beau of it happening. i was ok with the fact that on thier website i got the idea they dont refund , but

New Zealand
    Peter Piper.
    Give me the weed, the fragrant weed, My wearied brain to calm; In a wreath of smoke, while I crack my joke, I'll find a healing balm.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear the your greedy government stopped your shipment.. hope it all works out for you.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. bootlegbonvivant

bootlegbonvivant

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Something tells me there's more to the story, lol

Southerners don't talk slow because they're dumb, we do it because there's really no rush.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Something tells me there's more to the story

It must be sweeps month...part two coming in January :)!

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. seanz

seanz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What the hell happened to that? lol that'll learn me for not checking to make sure what i write is what i write.
    Anyway got an email from them today offering refund. bloody awesome

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. bootlegbonvivant

bootlegbonvivant

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

awesome, seanz. I've really enjoyed their service so far.

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm assuming it was a baccy shipment that got hung up...
    They are a great company, with good folks there.

Shame about your shipment though.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 7 years ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

It is stories like this that have me as a repeat customer. Glad it all going to work out :)!

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. seanz

seanz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

yeah it was a shame but nowdays i plan to purchase tins and small amounts instead of the big bad 16oz and then if it does get sprung i will bite the bullet and pay the man. It works out the same as if I get the barber to order it in and then hes not to keen cos he has to order in lots of 5 or 10 so sometimes get left with something no one wants.

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

Those are good cats up there. I order from them all the time. I've ordered several tins of baccy from them but I'm behind on my cigar smoking. I oughta see what they can do for me cigar-wise next time I'm on the prowl.

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 7 years ago #
  11. rocky

rocky

Login to Send PM

I also had a good experience with pipesandcigars recently. I ordered a new pipe and a bunch of tobacco tins. One tin in my order was wrong, I emailed and told them. It wasn't that big of a deal, just one tin, and I got an email back right away. They told me to go ahead and keep the wrong tin and they sent me a new one priority mail. That's great damn service. I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

Yeah. Those guys don't play. They love their pipe smokers.

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Do they send their packages in plain boxes without "PIPES AND CIGARS TOBACCO" on them? How did the customs wise up to it?

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. seanz

seanz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No they mark the package as required by law and i think kits also a matter of luck some get through and some dont, its a gamble it has a description and dollar value on them. and customs must have picked me that day. not much you can do.

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. nzpiper

nzpiper

Login to Send PM

[/Do they send their packages in plain boxes without "PIPES AND CIGARS TOBACCO" on them? How did the customs wise up to it? ]
    4Noggins label their packages "collectable tins" which is handy, and true...

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

Ususally my boxes just say "customer service" or some such thing. Nothing clandestine, but nothing overtly tobacco related either.

Posted 7 years ago #
  17. seanz

seanz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The ones I have had get through were labelled mechandise collectable tins lol i like it

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hah . Clever.

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. nzpiper

nzpiper

Login to Send PM

BTW Sean, I got my 1lb of Lame Eye Kew, no worries. Fingers crossed for the next run. And there WILL be next runsss. This 1Q has grown on me like mould on cheese - LOVE the stuff. Certainly my 'go-to' and a little later, go-to-again....

Posted 7 years ago #
  20. seanz

seanz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

nice one frank i will have to get me some next time. . hopefully the freezing works come through as the ol funds are shrinking lol

Posted 7 years ago #
  21. unclearthur

unclearthur

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The folks at pipesandcigars.com are some of the best people in the business. We have AWESOME sponsors here.

If at first you don't succeed you are running about average.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  22. User has not uploaded an avatar

ck12

Login to Send PM

Do they ship using USPS?? or do they use UPS or something of the likes?? Do they put their name on their boxes??

Posted 7 years ago #
  23. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had to call them today to change delivery options on an order that was in route, they took care of it while they still had me on the line. Nice!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    -C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)
    Posted 7 years ago #
  24. seanz

seanz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

yeah they rock and i think they use usps

Posted 7 years ago #
  25. sjpipesmoker

sjpipesmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Can't someone else order it for you and wrap it in a shirt as a christmas gift? Or ship it using another carrier??
    If you don't mind me asking, what are the taxes you have to pay? So on a 10 dollar tin, is it a extra few bucks??

Posted 7 years ago #
  26. schmitzbitz

schmitzbitz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Can't someone else order it for you and wrap it in a shirt as a christmas gift? Or ship it using another carrier??

P&C probably wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole, its still highly illegal to mislabel products. Collectible tins is a good one, although Merchandise can throw up red-flags - read the form, it asks for a detailed, itemized description of the package contents. And no matter the carrier, they still have to deal with customs; otherwise there wouldn't be a problem with drug-runners, they would just Fedex it...
    That said, I've had awesome luck with bulk blends in larger quantities; it seems customs doesn't look as closely at envelopes as they do at boxes.

Do they put their name on their boxes??

They ship under the companies legal name, Habana Premium Cigar Co.

Posted 7 years ago #
  27. blendtobac

blendtobac

Tobacco Blender Extraordinaire

Login to Send PM

Actually, our labels have a header that says "Order Fulfillment", but we do identify the product as what it is. We were told that if we were to be caught using "hobby supplies" or "gift items", we would be fined and red-flagged, and all our future orders to Canada would be scrutinized. We have to use USPS for anything shipping out of the US, and we have UPS as an option for domestic shipments.
    I certainly think that the duties and taxes are ridiculously high, but we can't endanger our livelihoods.

Russ

Posted 7 years ago #
  28. danz

danz

Login to Send PM

If you don't mind me asking, what are the taxes you have to pay? So on a 10 dollar tin, is it a extra few bucks??

$187.00 per 250 grams of tobacco... Sucks big ones.

Posted 7 years ago #
  29. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

i been lucky so far over 200 grams each time an didnt git nailed yet. If u keep ur order down to 7 ounces they dont duty tax you, or so the canadian customs site says

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   pipebaum81, jpmcwjr, davet, lightxmyfire, ashdigger, alaskanpiper, jfred, mso489, tbradsim1, cossackjack, workman