PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
i made a deal with the eaby seller, i got this for $45 and it should be shipping out either today or tomorrow. shaintiques has one of these, it called a zeppelin pipe, although ive seen it referred to as a cigar pipe. now that being said, how do i use it? anyone know how?
heres some pictures

gssgsgsg.jpg

edgasgsg.jpg

cfghd.jpg

sgsgsg.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
lol you bought it without knowing how to use it. :rofl:
I'm sure you'll figure it out. Looks like you just load it and light it. :puffy:
Nice find. I've wanted one of those too. Just haven't been looking.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Hope You like it. Looks like a cop stopper to Me, if You get it to work better smoke it in the house. :rofl:

cthulhu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
You simply fill the chamber with tobacco, screw closed, and light. From what I recall, these were originally intended for dirigible captains so they could smoke in the wind and not worry about embers.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I have seen a couple of these before and Cthulhu said you just load the camber and screw it together. I will also say that the two times I have seen this (other than on this site) they were were used for wacky tobaccy... pot, just thought I'd mention it.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I've seen them, but had one. I have to agree with Ace57, I wouldn't smoke it in public as it does look like it would be a cop stopper.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Strange beast, looks like it's intended to smoke marijuana rather than baccy though.

shaintiques has one he said they were made for people in zeppelins as they are sparkless. i found cheap metak repoductions on the internet, those were definitly for smoking weed. this is briar though and makes a great addition to the family,i saw 4 on ebay, two from the seller i got mine from ,one from someone else in france

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
All that matters ,is that you like it.Very cool.Tell us if you get the munchies after you smoke it... :nana:

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Back in the sixties some folks that I knew smoked these pipes.They told me that Marijuna burns at a higher temperature than pipe tobacco so there was no need to tamp.I never smoked one so I don't how it will work with pipe tobacco.You might want to keep it in the house though just to avoid having to explain to someone exactly what you're smoking in it.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
They told me that Marijuna burns at a higher temperature than pipe tobacco so there was no need to tamp.
The combustion zone temperature for pipe tobacco is an average 500°C (variability ~ 380°-620°); for cigarettes a combustion zone average of ~650°C (Δ 470°-812°), and for marijuana an average combustion zone temp of...(drumroll please)...

~600°C
Awesome pipe, uber, enjoy the heck out of it. I've been tempted to pick one up from time to time but they're a bit on the heavy side for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.