PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Very very good. I would def recommend it. Seems to be an all around good smoke and is enjoyed by many different types of smokers. Also has a decent room note too. Nice maple flavor and aroma.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Love it. Tastes and smells like you're smoking a stack of pancakes. Mine seemed a bit wet straight out of the tin, so you may want to dry it a bit before loading up.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Yes, as a matter of fact, Autumn Evening is 1/6th of my "Captain Bob's Pot O' Gold Mixture" offered by direct order from C&D or by requesting it from your favorite C&D e-tailer. The Red Virginia Cavendish of Autumn Evening offers a wonderful tobacco taste that is complimented by the Maple topping. I highly recommend it by itself or in my Mixture.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Hawk!
Nice to see you again.
A. Evening. I tried it. Tasted like I had a strip of metal on my tongue and the roof of my mouth. I react that way to some aros. It smelled great.

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
Generally, I am not a fan of aromatics. I only ordered Autumn Evening because I thought it might be nice for those occasions when there is company on the porch and I want to smoke my pipe. I was hoping to find something that smelled nice for others that I could tolerate.
Though the tin note is kind of overwhelmingly maple -- too much maple -- it is a pretty good smoke. The taste is primarily tobacco, not maple. Based on the tin note, this is hard to believe, but the red Va Cavendish really comes through. The maple also seems to tone down a bit after it's been opened a while. I've gone through a couple of tins of this and find myself reaching for it on occasion even when I'm by myself. My wife has commented, numerous times, on how nice it smells. Pleasing the boss is never bad.
Maybe I'll go order some of Captain Bob's Pot O' Gold and give that a try.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Its one of my favorites, It tastes like it smells, very mellow, its a great smoke. You should definitely try it. :puffy:

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I bought some Autumn Evening, but silly me, I was saving it for Autumn! Guess I'll have to re-think that one.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I'm with Wilson on that one. I had an open tin for a couple of weeks last November. I had a dozen or so smokes out of it, and it was fantastic. I put half of the tin into a jar, and now when I smoke it, the maple flavoring has really mellowed out and the great taste of the tobacco blend comes through. Still has the same room note. It's a really, very good blend. I keep Blue Note, 1Q, and Autumn Evening in my aromatic rotation.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I like Autumn Evening, especially mixed 50/50 or 25/75 with Carter Hall. AE has a bit more of a nicotine punch than most aros which IMO is a bonus. You guys are correct in that it tastes like a stack of pancakes drenched in maple syrup.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Hawk!
Nice to see you again.
A. Evening. I tried it. Tasted like I had a strip of metal on my tongue and the roof of my mouth. I react that way to some aros. It smelled great.
+1 to all the above.
I have about 4 oz in a mason jar hoping it'll be better (to me) when I try it again; it's been a out 8 months in there now. If not, I'm gonna be looking to trade it I reckon because as it was, it wasn't my cup of tea (or bowl of baccy lol).

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
This thread has made me decide that my next bowl will be my Autumn Evening. Thank you for reminding me!

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
roadqueen,
If you like Autumn Evening, good for you. I like it too! If you decide you need more of a Virginia flavor with it, try my Captain Bob's Pot O' Gold Mixture that contains Autumn Evening, available by direct order from C&D. Give them a call and tell them that I sent you!
Captain Bob

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.