Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview tonight is with author and pipe smoker Regis McCafferty. Regis has written myriad stories and several great fiction books where the hero is always a pipe smoker. He is also the co-founder of the The North American Society of Pipe Collectors. In "Pipe Parts", Brian will talk about some of his "at-home" fixes you can try if you have a pipe with some issues on the inside of the bowl.
regis-mccafferty-books.jpg

bigdogguru

Lurker
Jan 27, 2015
A shout-out to Regis from the Albuquerque area. Just happened upon this post and started to reminisce about our days with the Albuquerque Pipe Club and you sharing your vast knowledge of pipes and pipe tobacco. Unfortunately, it has been too long since we last spoke, so I hope you and your family are well. It's good to see you are still smoking a pipe and writing those great books.
Best Wishes,

Scott

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Man that was a good podcast, Regis' wealth of knowledge and history is excellent. While I haven't read any of his books yet, I'm adding them to my amazon wish list, especially the New Mexico books as its tied closley to my family and the anthropology aspect of it.
Brian, you forgot to update us on the cruise. :)

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
I've heard some members complain about hearing interviews from people they "don't know", I find it to be one of the best aspects of this show. Regis sure had an interesting history with pipes; that job interview is every member's dream. Hearing that he amassed over 300 pipes is comforting when I look at my 50+ collection and think that I need to thin the herd. I'll be sure to check out some of his books as well.
The pipe school will only continue if people are willing to pay it. Another black sheep of our hobby joins the herd. Like charging 30+ dollars for a 50g tin of Balkan Sobranie or even more for Penzance and Stonehaven. If people are willing to pay, there's always going to be someone willing to take the money. Tis a shame.
Looking forward to the next show.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Finally got to listen. Regis is one of the all time greats of our hobby. I look forward to another interview. Regis' regular column in The Pipe Collector is worth the subscription price alone.

Mike S.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
This is one of my favorite episodes. The tips from Mr. Levine and the interview with Mr. Cafferty are excellent. Twenty Six Days is now at the top of my to-read list.

Status
Not open for further replies.