PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2013
As some of you may know last year Australia introduced plain packaging on all tobacco products, basically olive green (or army green) with health warning and name only.
The below link is an interesting article on how the legislation has performed for the 12 months after implementation.
ABC News on Tobacco Legislation
All I can say is I am pretty happy to be living overseas at the moment where I can still at least buy a nice looking tin of pipe tobacco......even if it is ludicrously taxed.

domminigan

Lurker
Jan 22, 2014
The only thing I can clearly conclude from simply reading the article as written is that the writer is severely biased. Out of the many ways the "fact check" article could have been written neutrally, they chose none of them.

andy

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2013
domminigan, I could not agree more. It seems balanced, fact based journalism is a thing of the past, and the trend will continue as long as the media is driven by sensationalist reporting purely to drive the number of clicks on any given article.

bentbriar

Lurker
Jan 9, 2014
Give an inch and they take a mile.....I remember the news reports of how Australia would be a safer country after their mandatory firearm turn in.
I almost cried when I saw a Browning A5 locked in a chop saw and cut in half; if I saw a tin of Petersons with that labeling I just might.

oldsoldier

Lurker
Feb 15, 2014
Being seen blind stinking drunk outside of a pub here Down-under, causes barely a public ripple; but G-d forbid being seen quietly smoking withing 400 metres of that same pub.
It's become almost a hanging offence to smoke here these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.