PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Hi all
My eldest gave me a belated birthday present which was a contribution to a pipe of my choice. As it was a gift, and unexpected, I went for something I probably never would have bought on my own. I got one of the Auenland pipes made by Vauen.
They made the original pipes used in the LOTR films. The rights have now reverted to Time-Warner, but Vauen continue to make them, albeit without the character names.
It is actually a very good smoker! I got through three happy bowls of Cerberus last night while watching a film version of Henry V. I can see myself using this pipe quite a lot during those armchair evenings.
o1AIItA.jpg

Mike

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Got three of them three or four years ago. They have mostly fallen to look at only now, but when I smoked them, they were terribly pleasant.
img_20151225_145225.jpg

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I have only ever had one churchwarden, a Tim West with a giant bowl. In college, I had my dad's old living room chair which held me up in such a way that the bowl of the pipe rested perfectly in my sternum. Without that pipe and chair combo to keep me upright and give my fidgits something to do, I don't think I would have made it through the hundred pages or more a night reading assignments to get my degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.