Tags:  No tags yet. 

Attn: Sykes or Shane, Re: Savinelli 4002 Cutty

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by uncleblackie
  • Latest reply from The Pipe Monk
  1. uncleblackie

uncleblackie

Login to Send PM

To whomever owns the Savinelli 4002 Cutty pictured HERE, are you interested in selling?

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dont think so, lol. It's a high grade Punto Oro and no collector would like to part with it.

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. uncleblackie

uncleblackie

Login to Send PM

Yeah, it would almost seem to be the only one in existence. It's the only example that appears in google image search, at least. I'd love to see Savinelli produce that shape again. It's much more appealing than those chubby cutty's they released recently.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. swilford

swilford

Login to Send PM

To whomever owns the Savinelli 4002 Cutty pictured HERE, are you interested in selling?

That's Shane's pipe. I rather doubt he'd part with it, but I'll let him speak to that if he wishes. It's also the only 4002 I've ever seen (keeping in mind that it's probably mid-late 1960s).

Over time, the 4002 evolved into the 402 (sans foot, alas), which is available primarily in the Petite line, but also pops up in Punto Oro once in awhile:
    https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/index.cfm?shape=26&sortOpt=default&displayNum=48&tag=1832

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. uncleblackie

uncleblackie

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply, sir!

I actually own two of the Punto Oro 402's. Both are excellent pipes. I'm a Savinelli fan, and a fan of the cutty shape, and that 4002 is just a really beautifully executed take on it.

C'mon Shane, what'll it take?

Alternatively, can you whisper in Savinelli's ear and get these produced again? There could be a run of other no longer produced 4 digit shapes; the 4007 being another great one.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cally454

Login to Send PM

Good luck. I've harped on them for years to produce 616 ks in the new styles. They're nice but it's like " ain't gonna happen "

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The best recourse can be commissioning a pipe in similar dimensions.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   charf, sparrowhawk, mityahicks