Attention NE Georgia Pipe Smokers - NEW club starting up!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Along with Nmbigfoot02, Cyndi and I have been working on starting up a pipe club in the Buford/Flowery Branch/Gainesville area. We have secured a location, this location DOES allow indoor smoking, and available adult beverages. Can you believe it?
There is a catch, however. Ideally, I was wanting to set up the club for 1x a month on a Saturday. However, speaking with one of the managers, they have other events that wouldn't allow us to relax and smoke. Their slowest day tends to be Sundays and they have a poker event in the afternoons. Therefore, time-wise, we're thinking of around 5-6pm and now we just need to secure a date.
Any input is welcome and I invite anyone close to let me know if you're interested. If you need a better idea of where we'll be meeting, please also let me know.
Thanks all!
Edit: The location will be at Bottom Of The Cup You can also link up with them on their Facebook page

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
This is exciting news! Many thanks to Bootleg for getting the ball rolling on this one.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
It's a great place and they have a back area with lounge chairs and glass patio tables that would be perfect for us. The manager and waitstaff are all excellent, wonderful people. I can't wait to get this going!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Best wishes starting up your new club.
If anyone is close enough to join them, pipe clubs are great fun. Make the effort to get there.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Our first meeting will be Sunday, February 12th @ 5pm.
For those coming, we'll be taking, and hopefully voting on a club name. I definitely do not want us to become known as the NE GA Pipe Club. I think we can come up with something better than that, lol.
Bottom of the Cup is a sports bar/grill, so alcohol and food are available. Please refer to the link on my first post for their address and directions. If you'd like me to put you on my email list for the club, please send me a request to bootlegbonvivant@gmail.com. Hope to see you there!

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
My sister and I went the other night to smoke, eat, drink, and talk and we had a CROWD of men sitting nearby watching. If I can talk her into joining us again, we may be able to evangelize some new pipe smokers into the club. ;)

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey what are you saying about the name West Georgia Pipe Club? Its ok West Georgia Pipe Club just as a better ring to it than northeast georgia pipe club. In all seriousness, I sent you an email and may be able to hook you up with some other folks who live up your way. But Ill fight for Dylan!

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I just wanted to send out a friendly reminder that tomorrow evening will be our FIRST pipe club meeting in the Flowery Branch/Buford/Gainesville area. Meeting place will be Bottom of the Cup in Braselton. If you know someone, please pass on the info. Hope to see y'all there!

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Oh yeah, forgot to mention...Time will be 5pm. We'll likely be in the back towards the pool tables at the glass tables. Also, for anyone interested, they do have virtual golf. You use your own clubs. I'm not sure how much a round is, but it's reasonable.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
If I was local to you guys, I would surely love to join this club.
I've been thinking, what does a pipe club do, other than get together and talk tobacco and pipes?
I'm sure that would be enough, but I've got to figure a major pipe club would have some sort of organized something going on.
International Pipe Smoking Day is on the 20th, which is also a national holiday (President's Day). Wonder what there may be to do out there ...

Status
Not open for further replies.