PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
A pretty rare bird up for grabs, a bit tatty but almost fairly complete - not seen very often and at this moment still at a fair price with only 17 views - would need to contact seller for shipping quote, only 19 hours left.
The Dunhill Pipe Cleaning Outfit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261664634752?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
:
I had got one of these things a while back and decided to sell it when I was in a pinch a few months back, it was just collecting dust as a novel curiosity, interesting yes, practical? Not really.
It only fetched about $80 on ebay - I was expecting slightly more, but it is what it is and it was what it was.
Here's a few pix of the one I had, a slightly different version than the current listed one...
22PL3ys.jpg

iX4Oq9F.jpg

sXUWgIu.jpg

4Ylb90m.jpg

h6XcKHt.jpg

AZKPjmp.jpg

Zw2R7dU.jpg

ZEkj4H3.jpg

1LJVJ0K.jpg

46VyEMU.jpg

I also ended up selling the big thick Balfour book and it did much better on the money front.

Sad to see it go because it is a great book and I'll probably end up trying to get another copy LOL

...they can sometimes (rarely) be found on the cheap.
Bonus pix of the book...

nZJOJLy.jpg

QqYvSdi.jpg

kiEDM4r.jpg

S1IEXVp.jpg

phwB5dE.jpg

upEppUp.jpg

DK3iK2y.jpg

9YGSYu4.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Me speak Dunhill, too. Me own Dunhills longtime.
This kit does speak volumes about Dunhill's genius for building the mystique so that it's products become a statement about enjoying the best that life has to offer.
As for the crazy design on that Parker reamer, I would posit that it's intended to allow room for the shaved cake to flow around the cutting edge and thus reduce resistance to it.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
That is awesome, I have started, sort of, collecting reamers, not really but if I see a different one cheap I will pick it up. But this kit is just super cool, what a great display piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.