PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

imagenthat

Lurker
Oct 17, 2013
Just wanted to let you guys know what i stumbled upon after many failed experiments with flavoring my own tobacco and countless dollars spent on tasteless aromatics. Scouts honor i am in no way affiliated with this company in any way...i just want to help those in search of real flavor...in my case i was about to give up and lay down my pipe for good til i found Louann gourmet oils on the wedding/cake making isle in walmart. Its in the craft dept. Not the grocery side. These oils are said to be 4 times as strong as regular extracts. Their website claims 5 drops will flavor a whole pound of chocalate!!! They contain no sugar and because they are to be used for high temperature candy making, they are perfect for tobacco. The flame from a lighter wont produce the bitter burnt sugar taste that normal sugar based extracts do. It will run you a little over 2 bucks for a pack of 2 tiny bottles. Be sure to pick up a dropper because trust me...a dab will do ya! The only downside is walmart only carries 2 or 3 flavors but they have over 75 of them on their website. No biggie considering most of us buy tobacco online. They also sell droppers and bottles in case you may want to mix some to make a custom flavor. I dont remember the site just google louann gourmet oils. They have larger sizes too. Good luck and good smoking!!! Message me if you try it. Id like to know how it worked for you. Also if you have a successful recipe of your own id love to try it!!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sparingly and well tumbled for a long time, to get it titrated down to almost nothing. The eyedropper,

and then not much in that. Otherwise, you will create what we always complain about bitterly when

a commercial blender does it, goopy, perfumey, gag reflex stuff that probably burns with the fragrance

of a chemical dump. Aromatics smoke best when you barely taste or smell the flavor. Peterson's Irish

Whisky where the whisky is really remote a day after you open the tin.

Jan 8, 2013
I've really been wanting to try something like this for a while. There are plenty of blending tobaccos to choose from at 4 Noggins. I saw something somewhere about blending tobaccos in a crock pot? Not sure where I read that. Anyone have any ideas?

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I've heard of crock pots being used to steam tobacco, put tobacco in covered jar and place in crock pot filled with water on low setting for something like 12 hours.

Jan 8, 2013
I'm wondering if it would just be better to mix your various tobaccos together and let then marry for a few weeks in a mason jar before smoking.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Check to see if the oil is miscible in alcohol. If it is, dilute the oil liberally with Everclear, then mix with the tobacco. The Everclear will evaporate fairly quickly, leaving the oil well dispersed in the 'baccy.

imagenthat

Lurker
Oct 17, 2013
I recently threw all my tasteless baccy on trays and dried to a crisp then canned them in a homemade sauce...im waiting a month before opening...lol the lengths we will go too...if only a baccy company would start making "FLAVORMATICS" after all who gives a damn if others like the aroma??? Im smoking for MY ENJOYMENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.