PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Curious if anyone here was planning on attending the Richmond (CORPS) pipe show this weekend?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I'll be there all three days. I'll be wandering around, but will spend time at the Sutliff and Basil Meadows' table. I'll be the guy smoking EGR, which I'm sure will shock you. :puffy:

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Jeremy (sailorjeremy) and I plan on attending saturday and sunday. Per a convo with Al via PM, he will be making a thread in regards to all of us PM forums members having a meet and greet there, which i think is a great idea and something i look forward to. Hope to see many of you there and put a face with a name!

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
I think a meet and great with the forum members would be a great idea! I was thinking it would be fun to shake a few hands. I say let's do it! I'll be there Saturday.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A lot of us attending have posted to this thread:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/richmond-va-corps-news
I am attending on Saturday. I always post a sign at a back table for a "Forum Meet & Greet", at 1 PM. Drop by and say hello!

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Thanks ssjones, I was unaware of the thread and I look forward to meeting some folks.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Hey Al, couple quick questions for ya if you don't mind. Will there be pipe repair experts there at the show? I have a nachwalter briar workshop pipe i recently broke the tenon off of inside the shank and need to have it fixed. Also, are there people/vendors there who are often looking to trade/buy pipes from non-vendors like myself? I'm going to bring a few pipes for this purpose, as bargaining chips or just to sell. If you aren't sure, no big deal, i just figured you have been to a bunch of these shows before and know a lot more than i. This will be my first pipe show.
Thanks in advance, Al!
-Corey
P.S. - I would have PM'd this to you, but i thought it would be good for everyone to see and refer to.

bvbriar

Lurker
Jan 16, 2013
Corey, I will be there Sat and Sun with 3 tables. Many vendors accept trades in full, in part or outright purchase including myself.
You won't be disappointed. It's a great time.
Jason

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
bvbriar, sweet bro, thanks for the heads up. What tables will you have and what will they be advertised as?

bvbriar

Lurker
Jan 16, 2013
No problem, Corey. You will have your pick from numerous well respected vendors. All you have to do is ask whether they accept trades or purchase outright.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@layinpipe:

Sure, plenty of estate dealers who do cleaning and repairs. BVbriar for example!

On thew new or estate tables, folks are always interested in trades, so it never hurts to ask.

Make sure you say hello!

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I'm only an hour or so away from Richmond, but regrettably am not going to be able to make it!
Too bad. Maybe next year....er, wait...bummer.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I'm going to be there with Eric V. who's responsible for buying the great deals we've been able to pass along.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.