PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys. I live in West Georgia and run a pipe club out here, but wanted to see if there is any interest to restart the Atlanta pipe club. We used to have regular meetings but they died off and I would like to get it started up again. If and when that happens I'll post about it, but wanted to get some feedback. So if you live in the area let me know and post about where you live. I'll try to find the best location for everyone.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
There seriously isn't already an active, large pipe club in Atlanta? How is that possible? If that's true, that does NOT bode well for the pipe community.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I've been to a few of the meetups in Hiram that Shain hosts. I haven't been able to get down to more meetings because after being downtown all day, and then sitting in traffic heading North to Kennesaw where I live, I just want to go home.
Where are you thinking for the APC Dave?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
We used to have an organized club but the guy who runs it is MIa currently. It used to meet at a pub on the east side. I'm not sure where to have it yet. Gonna have to do some searching. I live in Douglasville so anywhere is a trek for me and that is ok just want to find a good spot. Know of any Derfargin?

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I live near Augusta, Ga. The drive down I20 to Atlanta is one of the most boring there is unless I have my wife with me and that helps as we chat. A trip to Stone Mt. for us and coordinated around a visit to a Club Meeting could be arranged possibly. My visits would be far and few between however.

jporter

Lurker
Jan 4, 2016
I am over near Savannah and would love to see a pipe club over here. If yall know of anything over on this side I would love to hear about it.

May 31, 2012
I'm up in Calhoun (...I don't really like it here :| grew up in ATL),

and my friend Eric (thefalcon here on the forum) is up in Dalton,

we've been meeting up and it's been great fun...
...I'd love to get together for some sort of shindig,

me and Eric both would probably make a day of it and carpool to wherever it may be.
:P
...my work schedule is weird though and I'm often out of town,

however, almost every weekend is free in most cases.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I'm up in Calhoun (...I don't really like it here :| grew up in ATL),

and my friend Eric (thefalcon here on the forum) is up in Dalton,

we've been meeting up and it's been great fun...
...I'd love to get together for some sort of shindig,

me and Eric both would probably make a day of it and carpool to wherever it may be.
:P
...my work schedule is weird though and I'm often out of town,

however, almost every weekend is free in most cases.
I'll second that Troy, through our cordial Pipe outings I know I have made a friend for life. As far as the Atlanta club, I never attended a meeting ,but did attend the Atlanta Pipe Show that was held at their previous location before their last one in the shopping plaza....I had a blast and would be very interested in attending future activity in the Atlanta area.
Cheers,--Eric

May 31, 2012
Aye!
I forgot you got yer name changed,

still shows up as thefalcon on the screenbottom.
Cheers mate,

will talk soon!

:puffy:

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Aye!
I forgot you got yer name changed,

still shows up as thefalcon on the screenbottom.
That's Ok Brother, I Can't figure out how to get that little Rascal off the screenbottom to save my soul! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.