PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Today only at Arby's, their venison sandwich. Topped with grilled onions, and a juniper cabernet steak sauce. I ate four with a large curly fry and mocha shake. I need a nap now.
arbys-is-going-where-no-fast-food-chain-has-gone-before.jpg

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Some areas had elk, though the one here didn't. I bought four thinking my kids would try them, but they weren't interested. More for me!

Jan 8, 2013
I just looked it up. Last year they had it in only 5 states, but apparently this year it was at all locations. From what I gather, they were expecting to be sold out by Noon. Crap.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
The one I went to said that depending on sales, it may become a regular menu item. Really hoping it works out that way.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
It's about time venison goes mainstream. Talk about a renewable resource- in some parts of the country, you can harvest them by driving a Buick with your eyes closed.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
It's about time venison goes mainstream. Talk about a renewable resource- in some parts of the country, you can harvest them by driving a Buick with your eyes closed.
Washington State recently passed a law where if you do in fact take out Bambi with your vehicle; you can harvest the animal without having to burn your deer tag and/or possibly face heavy fines from the Fish & Wildlife Officers. Before if you wanted to collect Bambi roadkill you would have to burn your deer tag. I always found that silly as the deer carcass' would sit along road sides for many days until the road department would come along and remove them. In the summer months it only takes a few hours before those things start to stink. So the new law is a good thing. The meat goes to go use, and the carcass is removed from the road where it won't fester for days.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The sandwich looks delicious. Now going to borrow a car and drive aimlessly around outer roads at high speed, looking for dinner...

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I'll have to see if they have those here. Hopefully the venison isn't local since we only have mule deer that feed on the mountain sage. Like a mouthful of extra gamey sage. I'd love to have some good whitetail from back east again.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You can drive the Buick with your eyes wide open and six cups of coffee under your belt, and the deer will hit you. A family member just totaled a Buick (no kidding), hit by a deer. I've dodged white tails in Missouri and N.C. Scary. Most hunters bag much more than they can eat if permitted (or sometimes if not). Arby's roast beef has always seemed to me totally processed like cold cuts rather than roast, but maybe actual meat has arrived.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Vicious evil monstrous bloody-minded heartless killer murderers... that's what you are! All of you!!!
Poor widdle Bambi...
:crying: :crying: :crying:
7800ca604c227b16cfd96be7fe7f4168--baby-deer-baby-baby.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No one said deer aren't gorgeous, fawns and adults, but their fertility is astonishing. See one, see ten next week.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Sadly, George, the cuter the animal, the tastier the meat. Puts me in a mind for some lamb kebabs with a Belgian lop-eared rabbit fricassee on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.