PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
He figured out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop, but the MiB got to him right away.

wahoo92

Lurker
Jul 26, 2013
Sorry, guys. My computer shut down in the middle of editing the post and it deleted the whole thing (clearly). Just got back up and running.
Anyhow, what I meant to say was ... I finally smoked all the way to the bottom of a bowl of Nightcap (you weren't that far off, Ghost), first time finishing a bowl all the way, but I'm not sure how to duplicate it. I was patient and did it without tongue bite but I still had to relight 7-8 times, which seems like a lot.
Any advice for making this a more regular occurrence? Is it unusual to finish a bowl all the way to the bottom? It has been for me, but I'm new to this.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I assume you are new to pipe smoking. The key is patience and as rothnh suggests, learn how to pack your pipes and light your blends. You'll be surprised on where you are six months from now.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I was patient and did it without tongue bite but I still had to relight 7-8 times, which seems like a lot.
roth wrote:

I think that's the key right there, wahoo. Getting a good char, true light,
+1
A good char light sets the tone for the entire smoke.
He figured out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop, but the MiB got to him right away.
:rofl:

wahoo92

Lurker
Jul 26, 2013
Char light. Hmm. Never paid all that much attention to its quality, but sounds like worthy advice. I'll work on that in particular. I also think I've been tamping a little too firmly, too often. Ends up packing the tobacco too tight at the bottom, It seems. Thanks for the great advice (on both threads...)!

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Only tamp hard enough to move the embers down to fresh tobacco.

the weight of most tampers will suffice.

Welcome aboard Wahoo.

Cheers

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
I too am enraptured when ever I can smoke a bowl all the way down, particularly on one light and always wish to be able to consistently repeat this phenomenon. The definitive "aha" moment

Status
Not open for further replies.