PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Howdy guys,
Some of you know that I am really into astronomy and I was looking to find astronomy themed tobacco blends. So far I have:
Starlit Night (McLelland/P&C)

GL Pease Quiet Nights

Constellation (C&D)
I have heard good things about Quiet Nights. Looking for a good tobacco to smoke while waiting for the sun to go down while I browse my star charts for my observing session. And a blend to keep me awake!!! :lol:
:puffy:
Jason

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
Dont forget about "Navigator" and "Sextant". Most navigators and captains, back in the day, navigated by stars and these were named as such.
ETA: my youngest son (of 4 boys) is named Orion. I have a bit of love for astronomy myself :puffy:

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
If you want to get technical, H&H Daybreak would qualify - after all, the sun is a star... :) And it's one you could smoke on the other end of a stargazing session, as the sky gets lighter and you're packing your equipment back into your vehicle. I'll have to make sure I've got some on hand for next year's Winter Solstice observation. :puffpipe:

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
An industry insider factoid: McClelland names, or numbers, some of their bulk aromatic blends after various galaxies and star clusters. For example M-27 Three Cherry Blend is named after the Dumbell Nebula, M-58 Apricot Brandy is the Barred Spiral galaxy, etc.
CACooper

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
CACooper:
Now how cool is that?!? Would love to know more :)
BTW, I was at our local TinderBox and saw a tin of Dark Star. Another good name of something I want to try.
Jason

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I am going to combine Black House and Blue Mountain and call it Undermidnight 8O :nana: :crazy:
:rofl:
Jason :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.