Astronomy Themed Tobaccos

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by undermidnight
  • Latest reply from undermidnight
  1. undermidnight

undermidnight

Login to Send PM

Howdy guys,

Some of you know that I am really into astronomy and I was looking to find astronomy themed tobacco blends. So far I have:

Starlit Night (McLelland/P&C)
    GL Pease Quiet Nights
    Constellation (C&D)

I have heard good things about Quiet Nights. Looking for a good tobacco to smoke while waiting for the sun to go down while I browse my star charts for my observing session. And a blend to keep me awake!!!

Jason

"The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star-stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. sebastian

sebastian

Login to Send PM

Dont forget about "Navigator" and "Sextant". Most navigators and captains, back in the day, navigated by stars and these were named as such.

ETA: my youngest son (of 4 boys) is named Orion. I have a bit of love for astronomy myself

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

This is the only one I know of Hearth & Home Marquee Series: Cerberus. Some info on the constelation, in case you aren't familiar with it(you probably already know of it): Cerberus, Constellation

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. phred

phred

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you want to get technical, H&H Daybreak would qualify - after all, the sun is a star... And it's one you could smoke on the other end of a stargazing session, as the sky gets lighter and you're packing your equipment back into your vehicle. I'll have to make sure I've got some on hand for next year's Winter Solstice observation.

"De gustibus non est disputandum."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. cacooper

cacooper

Login to Send PM

An industry insider factoid: McClelland names, or numbers, some of their bulk aromatic blends after various galaxies and star clusters. For example M-27 Three Cherry Blend is named after the Dumbell Nebula, M-58 Apricot Brandy is the Barred Spiral galaxy, etc.

CACooper

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. undermidnight

undermidnight

Login to Send PM

CACooper:

Now how cool is that?!? Would love to know more

BTW, I was at our local TinderBox and saw a tin of Dark Star. Another good name of something I want to try.

Jason

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

lestrout

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pete has Sunset Breeze, Sutliff has Sunrise Smoke, C&D has Orion and Sunset Harbor Flake.

hp
    les

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

There are lots of good names from astronomy to be used for future blends.

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe. Nowhere else could things be more messed up.

Does a culture based on separation and competition, of scientific sophistication and mideval religion, offer happiness even as it ravishes the Earth that sustains it?
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. undermidnight

undermidnight

Login to Send PM

I am going to combine Black House and Blue Mountain and call it Undermidnight

Jason

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ssjones, smokeybear, conlejm, agnosticpipe, anthonyrosenthal74, woopigsooie, buzkirk, cobguy, shaintiques, soymilkisgood, sothron, jiminks, rsuninv, leacha, northernneil, mrjerke, minfarshaw, redbeard, sparrowhawk