PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Very nice VA. Flake. Pleasing aroma (bread, yeast, caramel) from the tin. All those same aromas transfer well to the smoke. A nice dark profile, as I said, caramelized sugar and a nice slightly spicy and sweet smokiness. Great inhalation when breathed through the nose...little tingle. This was moderate in flavor and body and a delight in which to indulge. This will be stored and broken out later for inspection. I feel this will mellow some with time. A good VA and quite filling after one bowl. This is a nice offering indeed.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
I saw a tin of this at a local shop which must have had 4 or 5 years age on it...some rust on the tin and the attendant says its been there for many years.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I picked up a tin from 2003 and I think today's as good as any to open it :)

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Just finished my first bowl of it, and it was delicious. Im not sure what 12 years have done to it, but it certainly amazing with some age on it. I might have to open a new one just for comparison sake. either way I will buy a few more tins and start the aging process again... as its a keeper!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I can't think of a better candidate for aging than this tobacco. Before whittling down my previous cellar to buy cigars I had 3 or 4 tins. Regrets.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
This was one of the first tinned tobaccos I ever smoked. I loved it as soon as I opened the tin. I didn't know pipe tobacco came in the form of a belt at that time and it amazed me. I think it's still one of my favorite tins, though it may be a sentimental thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.