PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Just got this pipe in and wanted to share. It is a great smoking pipe from Askwith. It is Morta and has Mastodon Ivory made into it. First smoke was Sutliff Balkin Luxury Blend. It tasted great and smoked to the bottom. Just wonder how OLD this pipe really is?
001-600x400.jpg

002-600x400.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Chris would know if it was carbon dated when he purchased the Morta, he is so approachable to questions I'd send him an email with the photo, he'll tell you if he has the information on it. I have 3 of his Morta pipes and he was very helpful with the 9 1/2" Morta Cutty when I emailed him.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Wow! Congrats DC that is a beautiful piece of art. Thanks for sharing the great pics.

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Chris would know if it was carbon dated when he purchased the Morta, he is so approachable to questions I'd send him an email with the photo, he'll tell you if he has the information on it. I have 3 of his Morta pipes and he was very helpful with the 9 1/2" Morta Cutty when I emailed him.
Thanks fishnbanjo, I think I will send him an email and introduce myself and ask him. I am sure this will not be my last Askwith.
Beautiful pipe! I love the Mastodon ivory! If you don't mind me asking, what's a base price on an Askwith Morta?
This pipe was $300.00 from Smokingpipes.com. I thought it was a fair price for a custom hand made pipe. You would easily pay $300.00 for a Dunhill or Ashton and not get the quality of this pipe.
Thanks for the comments. I am very proud of this quality craftsmanship.

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
It is really hard to believe how nice this pipe is. If this is an example of all of Askwith's work, he is a master of his craft!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I'm not much of a paleontologist, but that's probably one of the oldest pipes I've seen. Very cool -- have heard nothing but good things about Askwith's work.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Wow - you got a beauty dcr! Spectacular and thanks for sharing the price. Good to know - seems like an excellent value.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Wow! That is a great price. I have been pondering what those cost, but didn't want to be 'that guy' and ask, so thanks for posting what you paid for it as well.
A Morta is definately on my bucket list.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
dcrguns, that is a great looking Morta, wonderful shape and I love the stem treatment. I hope you get years of smoking enjoyment from that beauty, congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.