PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Hi all;
I'm sure you all have noticed pipe ashtrays are not cheap (approx $35.00). So I decided to make my own using a stick on cork from tobacco shop and a 8" camp plate with enamel coating. It works great and the enamel finish wipes clean easily. I have about $6.00 invested and I thought I would share a pic with you all in case your interested in making a similar one.
ashtray-600x450.jpg

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Nice Barkar! - best of all, the results of your wife accidentally pushing your favorite 12 year old ceramic ashtray off of it's rest onto the tile floor aren't likely nearly as devastating... Not that this happened to me last week on Wednesday evening or anything :cry:

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
@stogie....You know I use to have one of those large black ashtrays too. USE TO HAVE is key part of sentence so I know what you mean... :wink:

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
Terrific idea as I have a couple of these stored away in our camping gear......

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Great way to save money barkar!

I think that I am going to do this because I have been holding off on an ashtray for quite some time.

You may just be the Clark Howard of the pipe magazine forums. :D

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
Good idea Barkar. I like the simple things too. My father inlaw passed away last Nov. While cleaning out his garage I ran across an awesome brass ashtray. I think its made for cigars but with a stick on cork thumper like yours its now my favorit (only) ashtray.Its very cool looking

maduroman

May 15, 2010
keep your eye on garage sales too. got a huge heavy glass ashtray for 50 cents and stuck a cork nocker on it. 2 weeks later the warden found another for a $1 and gave it to my little brother before he wasted good money on a ceramic cigar one...

Status
Not open for further replies.