PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
Does this tobacco have a flavouring or topping?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It is, I suppose, technically considered an aromatic; but I do not detect anything artificial about the flavorings or additives that may be in the blend. If I had to rely solely on my palate for guidance, I'd say this was an all-natural blend with a lemon finish common in some Virginia varieties. It has a natural straight Va taste with an earthy, slightly grassy or malty tin note that you can also detect while smoking.
Despite the tin description's claim, I don't detect any honey taste -- though it is more sweet than savory. The lemon flavor of this blend is most noticeable in the finish (as an aftertaste). I would call it an indefinite citrus taste more than actual lemon.

Reactions: ErikP

owen

May 28, 2014
Wow Cortez a very prompt and detailed reply thank you.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I imagine it's topped with something, but with a very gentle hand to be sure. I can say it has (to me) a good taste and burns very nicely.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
It's quite possible that the honey is used in the casing and the citrus is the top note, because the flavoring is very subtle.
Russ

Reactions: ErikP

owen

May 28, 2014
Thanks guys. Great info. Pipe tobacco reviews says no but the reviewers are divided. All the stores I use say it does. That said you guys are making it sound tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.