PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I've known for a while that I was going to obtain an Ashton Bulldog. I have been tempted a number of times and came close to buying a few times but the right one had not appeared. This one popped up last week and I thought long and hard............and then bought it 30 seconds later. This is my ideal shape.

004-002-10099-1.jpg

I have smoked a couple of bowls of my beloved Captain Earle's through it. An instant favorite.

aston-bulldog-1-600x450.jpg

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
As of late, apparently it's my favorite shape as well. A year ago I didn't care for it. It's strange how tastes for certain aesthetic sensibilities evolve over time. Nice pipe!!

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
That was the pipe I was looking for! Nice grab. How deep and wide is the v-slot, out of curiosity?

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Nate said: "As of late, apparently it's my favorite shape as well. A year ago I didn't care for it. It's strange how tastes for certain aesthetic sensibilities evolve over time" - funny thing here too. Several years ago when I had passed from a billiard and apple phase into authors, diplomats and Princes, I looked at a bunch of bulldog pix, thinking that I knew they were classic pipe shapes, but why would I ever want one? Now, probably 100 dawgs and Rhodesians later.....
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.