PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

helm

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
I went an entire day, smoked 4 bowls, and each and everyone burned down to ash. No dottle. I think I might finally be getting the hang of this pipe smoking thing, and I am loving it.

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
Congrats, whenever i finish a pipe I'm always sad because my smoke is over and if I want another I need to pack another bowl. When you are having a good smoke you just want it to last forever.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
From what I understand Dottle is the white ash left after a smoke, shouldn't there be Dottle if you smoke a bowl completely?

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
As hawk60ce said, dottle is the unsmoked tobacco left in the bowl. Some dictionaries have an incorrect definition of it.
Helm, what were you smoking?
I find that most ribbon cut English blends burn all the way down to an ash easily.

scottn

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Congrats Helm, I long for the days when I can get to the bottom of the bowl with no effort.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Congrats helm, sounds like you have figured this thing out. Just be careful, now that you get to the bottom, there is the always fun, sucking in a mouthful of hot ash trying too get the last little bits of flavor. Wait till you do that one. :oops:

helm

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Was smoking erinmore mixture. I seem to really enjoy that tobacco, and still waiting for my small TAD order to arrive.
No hot ashes yet, but I may have been close to sucking them back since it was a very enjoyable day of smoking.
It sure does seem that no matter how long the bowl lasts, when its done it seems to be over too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.