PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
So after a 2 day affair of trying to get my broken tooth extracted at the veterans affairs dental clinic it finally got done. Day 1 was a bust 7 hrs of waiting around as a walk in I was in so much pain I went home and downed a bunch of pain meds and a bottle of Glenfiddic and some Johhny Walker, it killed the pain enough to get me through to this morning. 3am wakeup drive to the Atlanta VA and signed in at 6am on the dot, no one was even at work yet. But I was first on the walk in list! Still took 3hrs after they opened up but the dentist had it pulled in 20min including freezing! As I sit here looking through the forum and at tobacco I want to order my pipes are calling my name, my recently acquired '38 rusticated Peterson 317 sits there lying dormant. Its a shameful sight, but soon, soon! Arghhh this damn tooth or lack thereof. Everyone enjoy a bowl for me tonight!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I feel for ya, but just think how good that first bowl ist going to taste! Take your time and let the healing process run its course.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
The upside of this is that it should heal pretty quick as the tooth was 3/4 broken and it was just shards they pulled out. Thanks for the well wishes!!

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
i wouldn't push it. Smoke to soon and irritate that stitched up hole and you be say shoot I should have waited one more week.It happened to me so be careful!

jp12

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2012
Get better and enjoy a wee dram while you look at tobaccos!

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I hate that you had to wait for the VA like that.. ugh. On the other hand, dental floss and a fast tug always worked of me.;)
Heal up quickly, and I will smoke every bowl tomo in your honor!

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
And to make it all worse today my ol lady and I ventured into one of the many antique shops and what does she find? A Peterson Killarney! Hardly used and talked the lady down to $45 dollars. It was meant to be lol. But all I can do is stare at it and wonder at how well it will smoke. The top one is the Killarney we found today, the 2nd is a 303 we won on ebay, and the bottom is a 317 "made in eire" rusticated both the other's smoke fantastic!
10492147_10152114824166712_4286598440032796491_n.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
The VA is such a joke. But I'll refrain from that topic so that Kevin doesn't lock this topic down.
Pete's are great factory pipes. I like that middle one, great grain.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
carlweis, keep that side of your jaw iced a while. It will keep the inflammation from getting ahead of the healing. Also,

take the pain meds before you start to hurt again. I wouldn't mix them with alcohol, which might give you

trouble, or a really nasty hangover. Keep yourself well enough to eat whatever you can get down, and that

will help you bounce back. It's just one tooth, but it is an extraction. That first bowl will taste mighty fine,

but don't rush it.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
I agree 100% about the VA... I love the Blairsville VA outpatient they are great, if only decatur could be like that.... MSO489 I'm lucky cause the way that tooth broke way back before I had already lost 90 percent of the tooth and shards, it was just two long skinny peices with never attached. They have almost closed up already and very minimal pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.