PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
I was watching a documentary tonight on HBO on Arthur Miller. A well done piece created and filmed by his daughter. I noticed in several shots he had tins of “My Mixture” on his desk. In one scene I noticed a tin of Walnut. He seemed to have a great pipe selection too. Loved the inclusion of his pipe smoking.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
His daughter is married to the actor Daniel Day-Lewis. Did he show up in the documentary, or did he come along after her dad died? They're a fascinating crew. It sounds from his daughter's account that Marilyn needed a lot of support and attention, and after a while, Arthur knew he wasn't getting enough of what he needed -- emotionally, I don't know about the love-life part. When Day-Lewis was making the movie "Phantom Thread," getting into the part of a dress designer, he made his wife a dress. He stayed in long sleeves for the role; his arms are dark with tattoos.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
Mso489. Daniel Day Lewis did not appear in the documentary. Thanks for th info. Interesting.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
mso489 Phantom Thread sure was an interesting tale ... was also nominated at the oscars, but didn't get any awards, did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.