PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
PBS is running a new 3-part show titled "Arthur and George". The Arthur in question is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. George is a man accused of various sorts of evil whom Sir Arthur is trying to clear. My reason for mentioning it is there is lots of pipe smoking. This show could not be produced in America today so you better enjoy it while you can.
The show stars Martin Clunes who you may remember as "Doc Martin".

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Not this Arthur and George?

Arthurtv_logo.png

Curious_George.png

Sorry... I have a 2 year old... :)
cg-pipe1.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Saw the promo for it last week. Started watching episode one last night, but I fell asleep halfway through cause I was worn out from yard work earlier in the day. Glad to hear there's lots of pipe smoking in the show. Loved Clunes in Doc Martin. He seemed really good in the half I was awake for.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Watched the episode last night and absolutely loved it. I will have to get this on DVD for sure.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Re: Doc Martin/Clunes. Just missed filming in "Port Wenn", really Port Isaac, deep into Cornwall. Can't wait to see the Sherlock!

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
Bonehed!
Dude! I have a six-year-old, and thought we'd read all the old and the new Curious George, but I've never seen that picture.
I have now saved it to my OneDrive, and will show it to my son when he gets home from school.
I bet you couldn't get THAT published today!

Jun 4, 2014
I saw the preview for Arthur and George on my local PBS station while I was watching Inspector Morse.
As for the Curious George smoking a pipe, my son loves Curious George he has two books where it shows George and the Man in the Yellow hat smoking a pipe. His comment to me on seeing the picture was "He has a puff, just like you Daddy!"

Status
Not open for further replies.