PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugfly

Lurker
Jun 7, 2012
I seem to have this reoccurring problem when I smoke aromatics. As i get down toward the middle of the bowl the smoke becomes flavorless. Does anyone know what the problem may be?
Thank you all!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would suggest getting yourself a tin of Dunhill flake. It is a sweet and mild Virginia flake that develops flavor as you smoke it. It is readily available and it smokes great right out of the tin with no drying time needed. If you find you really like it, then you are ready to delve into a whole new world of tobacco blends.
Many new smokers start with aromatics, but find they do not deliver the flavor that the room note or tin note have. Many people end up switching to Latakia or Virginia and Virginia/Perique blends as they get more involved in the hobby.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Possibly try to smoke more slowly. A slightly cooler smoking style might change your experience. Don't be concerned with relighting. Just nurse that bowl and see if it changes anything.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Aromatics are pretty typical in suffering from that problem. Smoking technique aside, you should try an English like EMP and a good VA/Per like H&H Anniversary Kake and you will probably find them more satisfying, flavor-wise. Jack Lee Blend's Halfling's Leaf or the Brigadier Black series from P&C are aromatics that use higher quality tobacco and have more natural taste along with pleasant room note if you want to stay in aro country.

Status
Not open for further replies.