PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
I do smoke an aromatic on occasion. Not that often but it does happen. Additionally I do have four or five in my cellar at the moment. When the Christmas aromatics (Holiday Spirit by McClelland and Golden Days of Yore by C&D) came out I did a little thinking. I am going to be spending Christmas this year at Walt Disney World, I thought, so why not get one of these to take along. Just a little something to bump up the cheer level every now and again while I am there.
Went to decide which one (or maybe both)to buy and discovered a slight problem, hence this post. Would just like to point out to anyone involved with the above blends or companies that happen to stop in, SOME PEOPLE ARE ALLERGIC TO CHOCOLATE!
Thank you for your time and kind attention.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Im not understanding the point of this... are you warning those that might have an allergy towards chocolate? ... also Im not familiar with either of these blends as I don't smoke Aro's. Are they cased with some sort of chocolate?

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
The point of my post is I am allergic to chocolate and so my plan was spoiled. Golden Days of Yore has chocolate sauce in the casing and Holiday Spirit has cocoa, the ingredient in chocolate I am allergic to.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've had bad experiences with at least one holiday aromatic. I interpreted my problem as being with the burning of flavorings that are supposed to give off holiday season smells like maybe cinnamon and pine, or flavorings intended to give off that room note. I found these very harsh on my gums, tongue and inside of my mouth. This then made me sensitive to similar problems with aromatics in general. I think your idea, of putting out a pleasant holiday scent is a good one, but I'd take along a non-aromatic blend or two, or an aromatic you know does not give you a problem. I soldiered on trying to enjoy my holiday blend, but finally decided, nay-nay, no more of this.
Disney World is pretty strong on rules, so be sure you know where smoking is permitted, so as not to have an unpleasant run-in with management there.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
Wow! That is truly a tragic allergy to have! I think Cornell & Diehl's We Three Kings doesn't have chocolate. I'm not an aromatic smoker but from what I remember it was nice enough. Good luck on your search!

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I tend to get some tongue bite from aros no matter how hard (or gentle) I try to be careful. I sample Autumn Evening the other day which surprisingly went okay.
That said, I've never really given thought to chocolate allergies....but yes I could see that being in many many aromatics out there! Certainly there's plenty of choices without, but too bad you can't go for the Christmas offerings you'd like.
Chin up, while its not aromatic, there's an AMAZING holiday tobacco out there called Christmas Cheer that is so good it makes me salivate.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I find that C&D's Autumn Evening (Virginia Cavendish)with it's maple taste & aroma reminds me of Christmas. Boswell's Christmas Cookie doesn't have chocolate in it.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Does anyone know if Jack aka Pipeinhand still frequents the forums... His blends, especially his Yule Pudding were fantastic... and this is coming from an almost 100% english smoker.

In fact I believe I wrote up a review waaaaay back in late 2012 or hell maybe it was 2013... I don't know... but if he's still around Jack Lee's blends are pretty damn good.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Though it has been said many times before, and risks becoming treadworn, I suggest getting yourself some Wilke aromatics. And if you're an English smoker, try something like No.5 or even Bestmake. Then you can please those around you while still pleasing yourself.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
captainprophesy:
Using the Forum's search feature (see the Search Forums box at the top of this page), and looking for "pipeinhand," I found that he is still active having last posted (as of today) nine days ago.
Incidentally, here is a link (Yale Pudding) to your review from two years ago.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
A couple of wonderful Christmas blends I don't believe contain any sort of chocolate:

Boswell's Christmas Cookie

Uhle's Christmas Blend 2011 (so good they made it available as a regular year-round blend)

Status
Not open for further replies.