Aromatic & english blends through out the day. They fight each other.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Hello. Starting to feel at home here and to be honest with ya, I just like reading your responses and hearing your experiences.
So while I have switched to smoking a pipe from chewing tobacco there is one thing that surprises me about smoking different blends of tobacco through out the day. If I start with an aromatic and finish it, move on to an english that is heavy in latakia, then go back to an aromatic, the aromatic seems dull and boring.
Wathcha' think? Anyone else experience this?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
in a word, yes.
To expound on this idea though, from my personal experience, I can attribute it to a few factors.
1. Aromatics tend to be burley-based which doesn't have the complexity blends who use Viginias as the base. This can make them seem one dimensional after an English blend.
2. The condimental tobaccos used in English blends add flavor, and make for a enjoyable smoke.
Hope this helps!
-Jason

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Mostly I do smoke in the February everyday.

In the morning : Lane 1Q --- Easy start (mild)

In the afternoon : Brigadier Bull Run --- Fully aro (mild to midium)

In the eveing : Sutliff Blend No.5 --- Feel more body (midium)

IN March I do planing to add up H&H Anniversary Kake instead BBR.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I suppose they do. I find that I enjoy the more complex blends in the evening at home. I generally stick with the less complex during the day when I'm working and my mind is busy with other things beside the pipe stuck in my mouth.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Jason nailed it. I personally don't smoke aros at all, and this is part of the reason.

Aromatics tend to be burley-based which doesn't have the complexity blends who use Viginias as the base

Status
Not open for further replies.