PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Just had a nice chat with Carole Burns of Pipeworks & Wilke. Wanted to sample some more of her blends, that I've found to all be excellent so far.
Ordered the following:
Mettowee

Wilke's Cherry Cavendish

Wilke's Vermont Maple Cavendish

Wilke's #515
Since the last was the original basis for Rumcake that I liked, and was Basil Rathbone's favorite P & W blend, I will report back on whether I'm being mistaken for a resurrected Sherlock Holmes after my first few bowls of #515.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I really enjoy the Wilke blends. Make sure to try Rumcake, you will not be dissappointed..

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
I'm familiar with #1 and 3 I don't smoke cherry anything, I'm curious about #4. I just got my pound of Bleeker from her today :)

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I recently got an order in from P&W and really enjoyed the No. 5
Rumcake and Vermont Maple Cavendish are nice, light, non-goopy aromatics. Let us know what you think.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You know a lot of people are smoking aromatics. Just look at the aromatics in the Altadis or McClelland bulk

tobacco line-ups alone.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
I can tell that aromatics are a far different tobacco than all of the ones I tried back in th late 60s-early 70s. Some blenders have captured the right combination of taste and aroma.
Much of the advice I've received on here, that I did not have access to back in university days, has helped tremendously as far as methods are concerned.
@roth - I'd be happy to review, although I don't consider myself to have that experienced and refined a palate for different blends as you and others on here. That is basically why, other than a general comment about my own impressions, I stay away from extensive reviews. However, I will try.
@petergunn - Decided on the Mettowee based on your recommendation.
@bullbriar - I've already become a fan of Rumcake since my first order back in April. One of my go-to faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.