PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Is it just me, or does the album cover for "The Best of Arlo Guthrie" look like it should contain an insanely good pipe tobacco blend?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
220px-The_Best_of_Arlo_Guthrie.jpg

agreed! Looks like a vintage tin

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Makes me want to drag out my old bottom-shelf Martin and annoy all the cats in the neighborhood!

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Alice's Restaurant was the third album I bought behind Inagodadavida (sp) and Steppenwolf live. You know...back when music was good. lol
The original album art has Arlo sitting at a table with no shirt on with a knife and fork in his hand.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
folanator -

Yes to Steppenwolf!!

My Dad worked with DPS in Austin, and The Pusher had him pissssed!!

Several years later the nephews had NWA; I got over it.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I don't think Guthrie smoked the kind of tobacco I buy and smoke in my pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Don't know much about him, but I've heard that Arlo is somewhat different than his old hippie stage persona. Despite his lyrics, "Flying into LosAngeles, bringing in a couple of key, don't touch that bag if you please Mr. Customs Man."

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
"You can smoke anything you want at Alice's Restaurant"...

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
"we hold no malice,,, at Alice's Restaurant."

this one time, I was ogling a sweet looking, long legged, denim shorted young 'thing' extricate herself from a jeep as I sat in a fire lane at a shopping plaza.

She was hampered by a cast on one foot? leg? something, so, she was deliberate. took her time. I didn't mind.

The driver, meanwhile, ignored by moi, now stood on the sidewalk awaiting the young beauty, and I looked up to see what had to be her father, looking at me.

Ya, you guessed it. It was Arlo. heheh. I'm at least his age. This must have been his daughter. I guiltily averted my eyes.
over 20 yrs ago.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've been to seven Arlo concerts. He's better in concert than his albums, in my opinion. I got to meet and chat with him a little at one show. He's quiet, but interesting. When m'lady said she was just getting into his music, he stared at her for a minute in surprise, and I said, "I know what you're thinking. She's young, but hell, you gott corrupt them with good music as soon as you can." He chuckled and smiled, and agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.