PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregbc

Lurker
Jun 30, 2013
East valley Arizona smokers, Mesa/Tempe area. Any pipe clubs out here? Or anyone interested in starting one? Would love to meet someone to help educate me.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I live in Anthem. I know there is a pipe club in Old Town Scottsdale. Ill check a thread I started about a month ago and post the link here. If either of you want to meet up some time just PM me.

gregbc

Lurker
Jun 30, 2013
Thanks tjameson. I found that cub a few months back on the ford and haig webiste, but was no longer there when I recently checked. Couldn't remember the clubs name though. I would love to get some members on here to get together every once in a while.

piperator

Lurker
Mar 13, 2014
I live in north Tempe. Ye Olde Pipe&Tobacco Shoppe in Phoenix (24th St. and Campbell Ave.) is a friendly place for pipers. Meetings are typically on Thursdays, after 6 pm.

aleguy66

Lurker
Oct 29, 2014
I'm in Mesa and would like to find club close by. I'm a few months into pipe smoking and learning more everyday online. But would like to hang out and chat with those who have far more experience and knowledge than myself.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I have a home south of Tucson. When I get the chance to stay there I always drive up to PHX to spend time at Ye Olde. I also like to hang out once in awhile at at Anthony's in Tucson. 8O

aleguy66

Lurker
Oct 29, 2014
I think meeting up after the holidays would be good for me. Somewhere in the east valley would be best.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Same here give a couple days notice then all should be good. I have days that start at 3:00am.

I can think of 3 places to meet in the East valley. Fox Cigar Bar in Gilbert, Big Sticks in Mesa or Tinderbox in Phoenix/Chandler. First two has drinks third doesn't. May be best to try for a weekend get together.
Smoke them if you got them.
John

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Hey Charlie, they are talking about getting together after the Holidays. By then more piper might be able to join us.
Also I have to deliver to the Vet tomarrow down in Eloy.
As a PI DI once said
"The smoking lamp is lit, smoke them if you got them"
John

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Was at Big Sticks after Thanksgiving I meat Paul the owner. He said if he can get more pipe smokers coming in he is willing to increase his pipe/tabacco inventory. He may be open to host a bunch of pipers once or twice a month.
John

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Smokingpipes.com website

LOL! I don't think that will get you a warm welcome at a old school B&M. Seriously I hope this works out, pipe clubs are a lot of fun but it has to be profitable for the shop to make it work. You might want to consider buying the tobacco from the shop before you bring anything in for sampling. 8O

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Did anyone contact @cobguy? Maybe he would be willing to come down and get out of the cold?
John

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Did anyone contact cobguy? Maybe he would be willing to come down and get out of the cold?
I just assumed he would see the thread and chime in if he needed to.
Roger, Roger! :)
Unfortunately, I am working this weekend but wish I could join you guys.

Between covering extra shifts and the holiday run-around, I'll have to shoot for after the New Year.

Have a great time gents! :puffy:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I know ... friggin' day shift even!
Alarms and I don't do well together as I have been on 2nd shift for 15 years. :?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Phoenix in winter and Prescott in summer sounds like a good plan for us here! :)
I hope you get some good response from the shops down there.
Seems like it would be in their best interest! :puffy:

codyp

Lurker
Dec 24, 2014
Hello Gentlemen,
New to pipe smoking. Looking forward to joining you at the next get-together. I live in Goodyear and work in Tempe. I've spoken with John and Gigger on another thread and they threw me an invitation.
Happy Holidays to you and your families.
Cody P.

Status
Not open for further replies.