PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I thought there were already 2-3 versions out there? I remember the STING version from when I was a kid..Didnt fully understand it then, and the fat Baron scared the crap out of me.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
David Lynch's Dune was spectacular. There was a Dune remake in the 90's, it was good. Of course Hollywood can't do anything original so they reboot and remake. A solid faithful Remake of Dune could be a good thing Or just a 5 hour Director's Cut of the original( Never gonna happen, save those dvd's). The Thread was a set up for Dune talk. I'm about to reread the whole thing, Brian Herbert books included.

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
There is this little gem http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935156/ that will make you very angry for missing the best Dune movie that never came to be..

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Lynch's version was great for it's time. If a guy like Ridley Scott decided to make a version it would be awesome. No one does sci fi like him.
Read all the books and wish Brian Hebert would write some more.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Besides the Sting big screen version of Dune there was a mini series of Dune made by the Sci-fy channel that is very good. When I bought the Sci-fy channel version I started disc one a tad late on a Friday night. It captivated me and so next thing I know I have watched all the discs and the sun is up on Saturday morning lol! Suffice it to say I found the Sci-fy mini series to be very well done and as they have much more time to tell the story they blew the movie version out of the water IMHO.
Here is a link for more information: Sci-fy IMDb Dune Link.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Harrison's Dune was closer to the book. His Children of Dune was Dune Messiah and Children of Dune in one. Great movies although low budget. My favorite book was God Emperor of Dune. Would be great to see an updated version. Oh well, shelved it seems.
I would have loved to try some of GL Pease inspired Dune blends. Anybody had some?

Status
Not open for further replies.