Are There Typically Warranties on Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

loadclear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2017
This guy:

Is about a month old. It has never been dropped, smoked hot, or had the stem removed when hot. It's one of my better smokers. Is this just a "tough situation" for me, or is it normal for a seller to warranty such a thing? It wasn't very expensive. I didn't want to make a stink with a retailer if it's not a typically warrantied thing.
Thanks

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Did you buy this new from a dealer? Many pipes come with warranties from the manufacturer. But if this is an estate you picked up from an eBay seller, you may be out of luck. Some online dealers of estates will work with you, but there's no guarantee.

loadclear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2017
Basically, I don't want to go whining to a company that sold me this pipe looking for a replacement or anything if it is not proper etiquette, or if this type of failure is indicative of user error in some way.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I'mm guessing that you bought this from us (P&C) during our recent promotion. If that's correct, call 800-494-9144 and customer service will help you. The "warranty" with most manufacturers is an implied one, but something like this is a pretty obvious problem with the pipe.
Russ

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Basically, I don't want to go whining to a company that sold me this pipe looking for a replacement or anything if it is not proper etiquette, or if this type of failure is indicative of user error in some way.
I'd definitely take Russ up on that offer.
As far as etiquette, any time you are sold something that proves to be defective, contact the seller to see what can be done.
Pipe manufacturers used to offer a warranty, typically ranging from 9 months to one year, when you bought a new pipe from an authorized dealer. If that's gone the way of the dodo that's a very sad commentary on their belief in and commitment to their products.

loadclear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2017
Life is good. Took a couple days for me to make the call due to the time zone difference, but the PNC service rep was great. Unfortunately, no Stanwell Brushed Brown 109's left in stock, so instead I upgraded to a Nording Valhalla #605 for a deep discount. Very happy with the resolution, and I'm excited waiting for the UPS guy.
Thanks everyone.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Give PC a call, and offer to email photo too. Incidentally, I have two of those brushed Stanwells from PC, and they've done well, so this was likely an unseen flaw in the briar.

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
Paulie, you should read some more leaflets and see that English makers only guaranteed the bowl, not the shank and mouthpiece.

F.ex Barling (IoM),BBB,Ben Wade, Parker & Redman.
But the pipe was always guaranteed against defects in materials or workmanship.

Status
Not open for further replies.