Are There Any Other Women Pipe Smokers Here?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes
New Accessories
3 Fresh Il Cerchio Pipes
3 Fresh Ping Zhan Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlewoman

Lurker
Jan 14, 2013
Hi, I just joined and I have learned a lot already from reading around in the forum. I was just wondering if there are any other women smokers represented here. I have only been smoking a pipe for about a month and a half after a lo-o-o-ong time smoking cigarettes. Boy, is there a lot to learn. But I love it. I am currently just smoking a Missouri Meerschaum until I find a pipe I really like. But it does the job ok for now. I have been looking at estate pipes on ebay. There are some really nice ones but they always seem to jump out of my price range. I think patience is the key here! Well, it's really nice to be here and I hope to learn a whole lot more.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forums, Turtle. :clap:

When considering the price of a nice pipe, try to remember how expensive the cigarette habit was.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Welcome Turtlewoman! There have been women on this forum, but not enough IMO. I think we all welcome a woman's perspective around here.
I can tell you that everyone at this forum has been very welcoming: no matter if you're a man or a woman, young or old. It's a great place to hang out and also learn quite a lot about pipe smoking.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Hi Turtle - welcome to the forum. A great group of people here, yes of which 98% are men. I had the same question and had a good discussion.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/women-pipe-smokers

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'll add my welcome to the list. Welcome both to the forum and to the hobby. I would love to see more women discovering the pleasures of pipe smoking.
BTW, you also may be interested in a Yahoo Group called Ladies of the Briar. It's an online community that is only open to female pipe smokers. More info here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ladies_Of_The_Briar/. But I wouldn't want to see you abandon us for them! ;) It would be wonderful to have more female voices here.
Bob

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Welcome! I hope to hear more from you and your experiences.

I have many cobs in my rotation and a few estate pipes. The estate pipes have been so-so and require a lot of maintenance, in my experience. The cobs I have smoked have made me very happy. I too hope to find the right briar one day but am not in a rush given those prices!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
turtle - welcome and good on you for getting rid of those cigarettes. Piping is not only much better for your health, it's cheaper. There are enthusiastic woman puffers in NJ, which is appropriate since a famous NJ politician, Millicent Fenwick, was a puffer, and a very classy one at that. Not at all the Mamie Yokum image. My Morley's Pipe Club in Philly is about 15% ladies and gals - you would be very welcome if you are in the area.
hp

les

turtlewoman

Lurker
Jan 14, 2013
Wow, thanks for all the welcomes and I have received several friend requests also. You all are a very nice bunch of folks. I am already a member of Ladies of the Briar, RMBittner, but thanks for the suggestion. I have learned so much here already. I am 100% happy I found this place.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
A late welcome aboard!
I still enjoy my MM corn cob pipe and I like the way some of the hay like notes from some Virginia's come out of it. There's a "taste" you get from the cob that compliments it for me.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
What happened to the ladies Cindy and Aussielass that used to post on here?? It's always fun to get a woman's perspective in this hobby/pastime we all enjoy. Welcome aboard turtle woman.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
hey turtle! in my time here i've only seen a few ladies on the forums but like the others have said, its nice to get a female perspective of the hobby. theres a wealth of info on here so dont be scared to ask questions. happy puffing!

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Welcome Turtle. Patience is indeed the key and keep smoking them cobs!

You will find a warm welcome and tons of advice and encouragement here.

Status
Not open for further replies.