Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
It's a hack, and is most likely auto-generated spam. I'm sure they will fix it ASAP. This type of stuff is the bane of Sys Admins and webmasters everywhere.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
The mods are volunteers, and while they do an incredible job (most of which we never see), they do have to sleep and make a living. But I can see where such shenanigans would harsh your mellow, jakey. :wink:

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Who said they were allowed to sleep?
Someone confiscate Lawrence's peppers until he behaves!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I think the Mods do an excellent job, as was pointed out they are not paid and do have real jobs. Let's cut them some slack.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Agree with Piper and Cynyr. The mods need to work, eat, sleep, smoke and numerous other things. They do a great job, but real life always has role so realistically they can't take shifts to protect us from such boring and irritating attacks 247. To calm myself down I think I'll watch the Thick of It, then read some Sherlock Holmes and take a nap. By the time all of that is finished I'm sure the Mods would have handled it.
Oh and I may have a puff inbetween :puffy:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I support the Mods. They do a fine job of policing the forums. I'm sure this is just some hacker spam crap that will be remedied here in a few hours. It does leave me wondering though, are all of the Mods in the same time zone?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Al caught him and has been trying to clean up his mess. Until Kevin can delete the aforementioned member, please feel free to PM any/all the Mods with threads that are affected by spammers. Thanks!
-Jason
P.S.- It's true. We do this for the love of the hobby and the site and are not remunerated in any way. Unless you count being able to hack all of your webcams whenever we want. The things you do in front of your computer screens would make sailor blush! LOL! JK! :nana:

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
As Six and Lordnoble said, they are volunteers and have lives outside the forums. Most of their work is unseen and under appreciated. I for one, think our mods do an excellent job and are fair, friendly and very approachable on any matter or just to chat.
Keep up the good work mods!
Dan

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I believe the Mods are Tops, Lawrence handled my Veterans thread with great restraint I will try to not give so much work to them in the future, Thank you all.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I forgot to mention, they've had a hell of a lot to deal with here lately as well! I know Kevin has posted about how crazy it's been behind the scenes here lately. I understand how frustrating some of these "unwanteds" can be, but we gotta be patient and give the mods time. As Lordnoble said, they'll take care of it for us Flaky. I feel like it's our duty as members to help out as well, and PM the mods or Kevin if we see spammers and such. It ain't snitching IMO, it's just doing our part to help maintain a clean, friendly and well respected forum. Just my $0.02!
Daniel

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I feel like it's our duty as members to help out as well, and PM the mods or Kevin if we see spammers and such. It ain't snitching IMO, it's just doing our part to help maintain a clean, friendly and well respected forum. Just my $0.02!

This is my point exactly, but put better than I did. We aren't omniscient and as such it helps us a ton when the membership help police the forums and contact us. Most (if not all) of us have smart phones and can do most moderation in a pinch using these devices. Of course, life comes first, but if you can help us, everyone wins. Thanks. {This PSA has been brought to you by Cortez's Beanie Warehouse. Purveyors of fine head attire for the discerning individual.}
-Jason

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@lordnoble, an apology and a question?
- Apologies if my frustrated plea upset anyone. The site went crazy and the front page was disappearing at a rate of knots! It's easy to forget the time difference across the pond! lol
- The timing of the intrusions was interesting. It was morning in Europe/UK and I wondered whether the culprit might have been a disaffected former PM Forum member who based the attack from my side of the pond? Al has clearly done a great job, and since I went in to a couple of meetings the site is now whistle clean! But I would be grateful if you could confirm, or not, whether my suspicions are groundless?

Jan 8, 2013
I've been a mod and admin at other non pipe related sites. These things happen some times, and I'm sure the mods here are on it as soon as they can be. It's irritating when things like that happen, to both the members and the mods who have to fix it.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Flaky, you had a concern and voiced it. Since you haven't been with us very long, you had no idea how loyal we all are to Kevin and the mods.
Just wait until you don't capitalize a title, Lawrence will be on you like flies on horse poop. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.