Are Millvilles (by John Marshall, in London) still going?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
Hi all,
I'm a beginner pipe smoker and have been lurking around the forum for a while. So, first of all: nice to meet you all, and thank you for all the information you've given me so far :)
I was recently in London (where I picked up a package of 40+ pipe tobacco samples from smoke-king, hurrah!) and went to the St James's Church Piccadilly market to try and find John Marshall and perhaps get myself a Millville pipe. However, I walked around and couldn't see any signs of pipes whatsoever. Needless to say, I was disappointed.
Once I got back to Amsterdam I researched a bit more and I'm not sure if they're out of business, but I've seen hints that John Marshall might still have a stall at the market, but selling other products.
Anyway, does anyone know if Millvilles are still made and sold there, or elsewhere? I might be going to London again in a few weeks and would like to try them again.
[I'd initially posted this on the general forum, and then noticed the dedicated sub-fora here; sorry :p]

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Purchased one a pipe last year, March, at the St. James Market. It was a small kiosk in the rear center of the marketplace. James is a real fixture there so I would guess that others of the older vendors would know the situation. I sure hope he's still there next April.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
Thanks, Warren. I think I know which kiosk you mean, but I only saw some (beautiful) compasses and binoculars and that kind of thing there. I really should have asked :/
Anyway, I'll try again next time I'm in London, and ask someone if I can't find it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.