PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I'll start by saying that I was really jonesing for a new meerschaum. I was in the hunt, contacted several makers to see what I might have made, and then it hit me to take a browse through my local shop's cases to see if anyone had something I wanted before I had one made. I sometimes forget to do that. So, covering my bases I decided to do just that.
I spent some time there. Bought an ounce or two of tobacco and smoked a bowl while perusing around the store. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I ended up checking out the briars he had in stock when it hit me. It slapped me right in the mouth and I mean hard. My brain forgot about the meer completely and I had to lay down a spot of money to hold the beauty I discovered in one of his cases. It was an Ardor Fantasy with a yellow acrylic stem that I began to drool all over. I'll have to go back to get it once my tax money arrives, but it shall be mine. She's currently on hold. I can't wait to hold it in my hand again and smoke it.
It's a bigger pipe, but man does it feel good in the hand. It's two to three times larger than my Peterson 999, but is half as heavy. The minute he put it in my hand, I was in shock at how light it was.
So here she is, sorry, the lighting conditions were very poor, but I'll take better pictures once she's in hand:
20190124_121213-600x359.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Congrats CCW. I also like the colored stem. Doesn't Ardor have several "Fantasy" models, Giove, Meteora, Urano...? Which is yours? I don't know much about Ardor pipes, but I keep seeing "fantasy" come up.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Congrats on the new-to-you Ardor. Ardor is one of the best pipe companies in today's market.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Although I find myself trending toward smaller pipes/bowls (young children and time is a bit short), I respect your selection and this serves as a good reminder that being able to actually hold a pipe prior to purchase is invaluable. Viva brick and mortar!

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Ardors are my go-to pipe and that sir is a fine example of one. They are almost always good smokers. The fantasy line is filled with eye-catching color combinations and I love the normal size of an Ardor pipe. In short, they appeal to me in both form and function.
Cosmic is spot on about how it changes the way you see your dainty pipes though. Even a pipe that would be a Dunhill size 4 or 5 starts to feel too small after you've smoked Ardors.

Jan 8, 2013
Ardor is a pipe brand I look at often, but have yet to purchase. Yours is lovely. I love that stem to shank fitment. Very nice! Let us know when you finally get it home.... I just want to be able to say, "Enjoy the heck out of it!" :clap:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks fellas! It's the most expensive one I will have bought yet and it was hard to pull the trigger, until I got it in my hand. I've been admiring the Ardors for some time now, and since I'm getting a good bit of dough back from Uncle Sam, I figured I should treat myself for all the hard work I did last year.
Anthony, I certainly will let you know once I got her in hand and how she smokes when I get the chance!
Thanks Mark! I'm sure he is! He had a huge smile on his face as I rolled it around in my hand smiling like an idiot. He knew after I saw it yesterday that I'd be back. Going to also have to buy some tobacco off him as well. I got to start inquiring about his offerings a little more often.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Congrats CCW. I also like the colored stem. Doesn't Ardor have several "Fantasy" models, Giove, Meteora, Urano...? Which is yours? I don't know much about Ardor pipes, but I keep seeing "fantasy" come up.
Must have missed this earlier, but I do believe it's a Urano. Just put more money down on it today, so it shall be in hand very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.