PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings all,
I just had to post this article about PETA and their slaughterhouse operations relating to abandoned dogs and cats.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/24/documents-peta-kills-more-than-95-percent-of-pets-in-its-care/#ixzz1nP1mXYuv
PETA kills more than 95% of pets in their care - absolutely sickening. I've always had my suspicions about this organization, and now they've been confirmed. I'm spitting mad! Anyone who donates one penny to this creepy group is a fool!
My wife and I are dog owners and lovers. We have Dottie, a 2 year old Border Collie/Austrailian Cattle Dog mix, and are beginning to work with her on agility, disc catching, and other sporting activities tailored to the breed. She's super smart (sometimes a little TOO smart) and is a joy to train.
cacooper9
[/url][/img]
We donate generously to the Denver Dumb Friends League, a 102 year old non-profit shelter that does the Lord's work rehabilitating and placing animals. They refuse NO animal regarding their condition. The staff does everything in they're power to place the animals in loving homes. Here's a link, please donate if can:
http://www.ddfl.org/
The Dumb Friends League places an amazing 99% of healthy pets, and over 80% of sick and injured animals after re-hab. An astounding statistic! An amazing organization to be sure. And not ONE PENNY of public money.
And then here's PETA - People for the ETHICAL Treament of Animals - killing nearly every animal they take in, not even trying to help them. Then throwing the dead bodies in dumpsters. Disgusting!
Please, PLEASE do not donate any of your hard earned money to PETA. And please let everyone you know about this atrocity. Thanks.
CACooper

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
Her is a picture of my families dog we rescued from a shelter. sweetest dog on Earth.

['img]
washingtonDC018.jpg
['/img]

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
The wife and I have fostered over 20 dogs and helped find good homes.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Ok I hunt and had went head to head with peta on a game perserve.

So this tells me that 1 I have rehabed and put back in the wild critters they would have killed because they were hurt well there were 2 that couldnt go back in to the wild because they were so young when found and became human dependent so I got the USDA permets to keep them.

2 agressave dogs really? I have a dog pit bull that was abused and trained to attack who was sucessfully rehabed and the most loveable dog their is. Heres a pic of my then 1 and a half yr old son playing with the dog the first day i brought her home after rehabing her.

25732_1266660472207_1400651097_30629008_3916334_n.jpg

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
Let's not forget that they fund people (Rodney Coronado, ALF, etc.) who firebomb testing labs.
Don't we have organizations in this country that are meant to take down terrorist organizations like this?
I used to live in Norfolk, where their headquarters is located, and we made sure to give the building "the salute" whenever we drove by. Legend had it that one of the local radio DJ's used to rent a few pontoon boats and have a giant cookout on the water right in front of their building.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Pretty ironic that People for Ethical Treatment of Animals consider mass euthanasia to be ethical.
I only agree with euthanasia in the case of an old animal or one that's in pain, or one that is hopelessly aggressive.
There are a lot of people out there willing to take care of a pet if you can't or won't.
there's just no excuse for killing it because you're too lazy to find that person. Shameful

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Paul that little dude looks like the offspring of my sister's Shih Tzu's ...
v0mvV.jpg

Cubby and Maddie
cacooper, Dottie looks like a good frisbee dog :puffy:

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
PETA is currently suing SeaWorld under the 15th (I think) Amendment, the one outlawing slavery, because the whales that get plenty of food, medical care, and lots of love are slaves. PETA is one evil organization.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
It's good to rescue unwanted and ill-treated animals when possible. I've done this myself numerous times during the course of my life. Unfortunately, there are many, many animals that are unwanted, and no other solution exists for them other than euthanasia. Wild dogs and feral cats are a real problem in many areas of the country, and watching abandoned animals slowly die in the wild of starvation, disease and parasites is not my cup of tea. The problem exists: and as unpleasant as it is, has to be handled.
No one can provide safe, loving situations for all the unwanted animals, not even PETA. I do not like PETA, but if they destroy most of the animals they are given, it's probably because they have no other choice.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Fuck Peta. Fuck HSUS. They're both by and for nuts.

Like this chick.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46477980/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/feds-ohio-animal-rights-activist-offered-random-fur-wearer-be-killed/

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Execuse me gentlmen, what is that PETA? is it some sort of organization that kills dogs? shit, I love dogs, and cannot bear hear any news about killing dogs, btw, here is a pic of my current partner, his name is Cooper and he is American Pitbull Terrier, 3 years old now, and very very decent dog, but be careful he can turn into a great solider too.
cooper-600x450.jpg

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Dear Zanthal, frankly I did miss your post, but reviewed it now and I got it. Thanks for clarification.
Cooper never piss off, he is very well trained, I did all his training by myself. Dog training is my hobby and I was very careful with Cooper, so don't be afraid, later I will post youtube links to show his abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.