PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylanstaton2

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
Is there an app to keep track of your cellar on the iPhone. I think it would be great if I could keep track of my tobaccos rate them etc right on my iPhone. It would be hard to keep track of them if not as I'd have to write it all down and hope I don't lose it.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
Don't know about an app, but tobaccocellar.com and a site called the Pipe Tool allow you to track your cellar.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
I am looking for the same thing. Although I do appreciate the creativity and usefulness of the online organizers, I would much more appreciate an app I can use on my iPhone or iPad or even on my computer.
Cheers,

Jared

Mar 1, 2014
Given how much the NSA and CIA and all of the other things that end with "A" are trying to tap into your phone (actually the NSA has just about everything they want already), and the rate of increasing penalization on tobacco, you might be better off keeping it on paper (depending on where you live and who you work for and if anyone with influence on your life would care).

dylanstaton2

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
Yah I seen the pipe tool I didn't really like it. I want something easier to use just click the app and everything is up. Maybe someone should make one if they don't have one. Would be great and if you added a wine section you could make a little money off it because a lot more people are into wine, the pipe is slowly dying out unfourtantly.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I would much more appreciate an app I can use on my iPhone or iPad or even on my computer.
I don't know the difference, because I don't do smartphone I guess. thepipetool.com is self described as an app, and I use it on my laptop everyday. Just sayin'. :nana:

dylanstaton2

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
Yah I'm comparing it to what it once was. Back in the day it was everywhere. Everyone had a pipe it was a culture thing. Now and days I can go years without seeing anyone smoking a pipe. Matter of fact out of all my friends and family I'm the only one who does smoke a pipe. Seems to me everyone would rather smoke cigarettes. It may not be dying but it is definitely a smaller community then what it once was

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Nope, just searched the app store for that and similar database apps with no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Cheers,

Jared

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yeah, thepipetool.com is great and it's programmed to work on smart phones so it's essentially just as good as an app, although it would be nice to heave the pipe tool offered as an app as well.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
There use to be an app for the iPhone and it was great. It was called Pipetool, and kept track of age of tobacco, how many pounds you had. It would also auto fill what the blend had in it if it was already in the data base, (something the web version lacks). They quit updating it and apple removed it from the store.

I'm still using the app on my phone that was discontinued or unsupported (whatever the term). I haven't seen one better, and I am not excited at all about putting my cellar online. Using the old one seems to be ok. It just gets hung up every now and then when I add a new blend. We need someone to make one that stays on the computer or phone and doesn't store the information in some cloud or whatever or you have to login to a website. Otherwise, when this app stops working, I will just go back to pencil and paper.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
If you want a localized tool that doesn't sync to the cloud, just use a spreadsheet. I don't doubt or appreciate government over-reach but the tin foil hat over keeping your stock online seems a bit silly to me compared to having data sync across multiple devices. just my 2 cents.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
That's completely rational Cosmic.
I think my ideal electronic solution would be the auto-population of details like was mentioned above but without all the eye-candy and fluff. Simple is better imho, save the bells and whistles for the cigar crowd.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Why don't you just use a spreadsheet as suggested? There are lots of spreadsheet apps for your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.