PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

billshalosky

Lurker
Nov 16, 2014
Hi all,

I would like to apologize to everyone for my resent behavior. I screwed up with the Kickstarter thing. I've been dealing with some serious medical issues and work stuff. I panicked and made a bad call. I went against my ethic of hard work wins the day. I asked for a handout when I shouldn't have. I took some bad advice. It cost me my reputation and my job. Again, I am truly sorry.
Cheers,

Bill

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Thanks for coming back and clarifying. Personally I'm a big hand-up vs handout type of person and I truly appreciate you coming here and clearing the air, it takes a good man to admit his mistakes and you let us know how we can give you a hand-up in getting your business of the ground!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Your work is your reputation and as far as I am concerned that is still top notch. This is just another obstacle to overcome in this crap thing we call life. You are still solid in my book.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Bad call’s/poor decisions are part and parcel of life and we’re all gulity of them at one time or another. With that can come some harsh remarks at times by others and I’m admittedly guilty of some, but let’s just call it a knee jerk reaction. With that said the best of luck with your health issues and more luck with your pipes. Keep on plugging... :wink:

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Mr. Shalosky:
Although I have had the pleasure of trading at Smokers Haven I have never met you. Having said that I am impressed by the straightforwardness and humility of your apology above.
I believe that I can safely state that there is nobody here who hasn't made some mistake (or in my case, mistakes) which has caused regret. The important thing is not making the mistake, but what we do after we make it. It seems to me that you did the right thing, Sir, and I am proud of you.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Admitting mistakes to yourself is quite difficult. Making a heartfelt public apology as you did requires that rare combination of humility and bravery. Best of luck to you on your new endeavor, I am certain that it will go well for you.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I didn't get involved in the original thread but I have two observations.
1) You didn't bring this to this forum so no apology seems needed from you.

2) I don't believe a certain pipe maker on this forum should be commenting anyone's business methods.
Best of luck to you. Your work is fantastic from what I've seem at the NASPC shows.
Mike S.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Better days are ahead. Take it a day at a time, and give yourself the benefit of the doubt as you put

things back together. Everyone makes mistakes.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Bill, it takes a classy person to apologize publicly like you did. Now it's done, take care of your health, and move on.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Not to make it about myself but I am sorry for my part on the thread in question. When you see thousands of kickstarters and random stories on the internet you often get into discussions about them in a very matter of fact way. Of course everything changes if you know the person or stop to think of the people involved. While I was surprised to see a kickstarter with no incentives, I would not have been shocked if I had seen a gofundme page like that and in that respect I was hypocritical. I should have simply had my thought and stayed out of it, including getting into a discussion I was not informed enough to have. I hope your health improves and you can get back to your trade posthaste. Being a craftsman in this day and age is both hard and something I believe is important to society. I know the difficulty is compounded greatly by any health concerns and I am usually more understanding of such things and should have known better.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Woods is the one with only his butt sticking out, down front (where else). No doubt his comment on the entire undertaking
Ah... OK. Looks like two are trying to strangle him, which of course makes perfect sense. Surprised I didn't spot that!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I'm the one giving the guy in front of me a reach-around.
Actually, we were all gathered around, devouring the corpse of the one forum member that didn't quite get sarcasm and parody.

Status
Not open for further replies.