Anyone stop getting Pipestud Saturday emails?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Was going back and forth with steve this morning; and I wanted to ask if anyone else has stopped getting Pipestuds saturday emails or is experiencing weird delays? He confirmed i'm still on his mailing list, and I confirmed it didn't go to the spam folder. I checked with two other fellow pipemen and they also haven't gotten the saturday email in a few weeks. Two use gmail and another uses yahoo.
Basically trying to figure out if there's an issue on Steves side, or with gmail, or if something fishy is going on. Theres a chance it could just be a coincidence and normal email delays but I doubt that as this has only started happening in the last few weeks. Steve knows I was going to post about this and said thanks for the help, as he is busy with his business but im sure will see this and chime in later. Any feedback is appreciated

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sounds like an upstream filter. See if his IPs are on any of the spam lists, which may not involve him but someone else on his shared hosting.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Theres a chance it could just be a coincidence and normal email delays but I doubt that as this has only started happening in the last few weeks.
If some people are getting them, but not all, and the people getting them do not use the same host, I would look toward spam lists or upstream hosts.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I think deathmetal hit it on the head and that has happened in the past, not just to me but just about every business that sends out large bulk emails. My email list went out to nearly 1,200 people this morning and the OP is the only person I heard from that said he didn't get the weekly update. Of course, I didn't conduct a poll afterwards either, so, who knows. All I do know is that I took about the same number of orders this morning as I usually do when my email update notifications are sent out - maybe more than usual, actually... And, orders are still coming in as I type this. So, all I can really say is that I am sorry the OP didn't get the tins he wanted because they were sold by the time he ordered, but that does happen to a lot of people, even to those who do get their email updates immediately after I hit the send button.
And no, James, I didn't know you were going to start a post about this on pipesmagazine.com... but, thanks for the publicity, I guess.
I just love cyber mysteries (sigh). :?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I just love cyber mysteries (sigh).
Ugh. Yes. I mean, I hear you. Ugh. So many of them are not exciting.
It might make sense to go with a third party service for this because they are already known to the major mail services.
Of all the emails to block, these are some of the few that should NOT be blocked...

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Thanks for that advice, deathmetal. I actually started thinking seriously about that a few weeks ago. My server, AOL, has a limit to how many bulk emails can be sent out each week and the uploading of photos for the newsletter is also an issue.
I am definitely going to look into this and thanks again,
Pipestud

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I did not get today's email. Then again, I'm always checking Steve's site on Saturday mornings... :wink: I should say I did get the email sent on 12/13.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Im sorry OP didn't get the tins he wanted because they were sold by the time he ordered
NO no - this was not a thread in any way complaining about not getting the tins I wanted, so lets get that out of the way. ;) I and many others are used to that by now. Its part of the gamble!
I and at least 4-5 other guys didnt get the email so Steve your taking this the wrong way, im actually attempting to HELP you here my friend. The answers from Deathmetal, dmcmtk and DaveinLAX were what I was looking for - DaveinLAX mentioned not getting the emails for a while there too and then got them again recently.
Just trying to help solve a mystery. Sounds like the archaic AOL might be the problem. :puffy:

harveymushman

Lurker
Jun 27, 2017
OP at no point mentioned a frustration for not getting the tins he wanted? so not sure why that even came up.....
I ALSO have stopped getting the emails the last few weeks if that helps..... I use hotmail.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
@harveymushman - When I said that I was sorry that James didn't get the tins he wanted, that was in reference to an email order he made this morning for tins that were not available. I just re-read my original post and you may want to re-read it yourself because nowhere in it did I say James conveyed frustration at not getting the tins he wanted. So, I'm not sure why you even brought that up... :wink:
@jravenwood - I think maybe the way I worded my post may have led you in the wrong direction regarding what I was thinking. I absolutely didn't think you were complaining and I did think you were trying to be helpful. It's ME who is the one who got frustrated because you did not get my update today and I apologize for my poor wording in that post.
@harveymushman again - why don't you send me a PM and let me know what your email address is so that I can check to see if you are still on the list? When I switched to my new platform awhile back there were some emails that were not migrated and got lost in cyber space. I sure apologize if that happened to you.
Thanks,
Pipestud

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Understood, thanks Steve, hope you can get to the bottom of it all and your business and thrive moreso. Thanks again :)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I got my email and that is all that matters, right Steve. Speaking of which, from now on Steve, I want an hour lead time so I can peruse your list of aged tins at my leisure, and not have to go frantically searching your site so I can get my order in before the rest of these vultures. Thanks buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.