Anyone Know the Status of Father of the Flame?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
It has been 3 or 4 years since it was announced and I am wondering when it will be released. It looks like it will be a good film, but it is taking a long time.

Yeh, I threw money at them also. My guess is that some other shiny object came along and caught their eye. Hey, if they finish the movie, great. If not, then boogers on them.

However, if they are still making the move, they need to keep the public informed. And, if they are, with all of this time being taken, I am expecting an Apocalypse Now proportion flick.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Their FB page shows they spent some time on the road in 2015 for the documentary.
https://www.facebook.com/FatherTheFlame
Father The Flame This should be our last production shoot. Minus misc b-roll. Once this trip is over we will move into full post production and our final fundraising to finish the film

Like · Reply · 2 · August 4 at 11:52am

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Final fundraising. 3 years later? All we have is a teaser trailer. I ain't fallin for that one again.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
It still seems like it will be a good documentary if they ever finish it.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This is a side project. They all have regular jobs that take up a lot of their time. Part of the delay has been coordinating time to get together away from other projects and all meet up to shoot. It's also gotten pushed out, because they started out just interviewing American carvers and such and after going to the Chicago show they met some Japanese carvers and Danish carvers and decided to make it a global look into the world of pipes and pipe tobacco. Expanding the project has greatly delayed it.

pcr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2014
I recently saw a Facebook video when they were down in Pipestone Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.