Anyone know a good alcohol flavored aromatic tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
Hi!
I personally like alcohol flavored (Rum, Bourbon, Irish mist/cream, etc. but not Whisky).

Can someone give me some recommendation on that?

I have done some research online and found that most of them are only available in tin and relatively expensive (compare to bulk).
Thanks

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Look up Cornell & Diehl Nutty Irishman. The description says what liquor it is but I don't know from experience what the heck they are. I know that the tin note is absolutely delicious and the taste is just a bit sweet with the liquor but you still get the tobacco shining through. I am not at all an aro guy, but it is one of only three so far that I truly like and recommend. Hope this gives you a place to start at least.

Almost forgot to say that I buy it in bulk from PipesAndCigars

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
almost every tobacco store I have been to has a kind called buttered rum. I don't know whats in it though.

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Although I am not impressed by most of the Sutliffe offerings, Barbados Plantation is a really solid rum mixture. Very pronounced flavoring and a great room note. I could be mistaken, but I think somebody on this forum has a huge stash of it. Maybe you could drop some hints & work a trade or purchase???

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Altadis has Montego Bay from their Tobacco Galleria line that is available in a pouch or bulk that is flavored with buttered rum. I like it pretty well. Here's the link: http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/altadis/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=54650
Altadis has several other rum flavored blends, but I haven't tried them.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream is a great blend with Cognac. Hand's down my favorite blend, and I mostly smoke latakia blends. Everyone I let sample it has bought it. You won't be sorry.
http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=B&TID=2838

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
I enjoy Top Shelf by Sutliff. It is on the sweet side though.
Top shelf is really heavily flavored and inexpensive. I like it after its had some air time personally.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
If you enjoy alcohol flavored blends, you owe it to yourself to try Esoterica Pembroke, its an english but hands down far and away the best alcohol flavored tobacco I've ever tried.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
kennyjo,
The fact is that I love Whiskey and drink it every day! Another fact is, I love C&D's Captain Bob's Blend and smoke it every day with a side of grape flavored Vodka on the rocks. Ok, it is my very own C&D blend gone "world-wide". But that was never the intention. I don't get paid for the sale of "my" C&D blend. However, it has a "Sangria based" aromatic tipped to the side of grape wine. If that trips your trigger, try it. I smoke CBB with a side of grape flavored Vodka every day. It is a light English-style blend containing 1/16th of Latakia. It also contains a significant amount of Perique and Turkish. Still, it is a light English Aromatic bent toward a grape wine flavor. I don't get paid for the sale of my blend so it makes no difference to me. I am just tryintg to offer a suggestion that might be worth your trying. I suggest you order it direct from Cornell and Diehl: www.cornellanddiehl.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.